Anyone use shoretours dot com for Costa Maya stop?

TakeMeAway1001

Sorry realized after I posted that it is called shoretrips dot com. DH and I were looking over what they have to offer for beach stops in Costa Maya and both offerings on the site seem like a fun time/good deals. Would love to hear from anyone who has gone on either one.Wondering if they were close to other things like the Cats Meow??

~Thanks

I had a friend who used them in Alaska and didn't have a problem but when she went down to Mexico last fall they missed every single trip (driver not there with no notice etc.) They told my friend that they were not going to work with those particular companys anymore but if you are going during a busy time it can leave you high and dry! I haven't ever used them so this is not from personal experience....just a very good friend.

I have not used the company, but would caution that if you have to pay before you go, you may not want to go that route for Costa Maya. I have been scheduled 2 times to go to Costa Maya and had the stop cancelled due to weather. So, if you have to pay ahead of time, and you don't make the port, you may lose the money, if you cannot get a refund. Just something to think about.

No need to spend money in Costa Maya for a beach excursion. Just walk the length of the pier and outside the shopping area is a booth for a ride to Majarul. $3 into town and $2 back to the ship. The beach is right there and you can rent lounge chairs and get good eats, drinks and you're set for a great day. This is such an unspoiled area and we loved it for our "excursion".

Have to agree with the previous poster. Mahuhual is the best. We talk about that stop to this day, infact I have a picture of the DH and I on the PC as wallpaper. It was relaxing and the food was great. Bucket of beer brought right to you. You can walk out so far and the water is still waist level. Wow wish I was there.

We used shoretrips for our excursions in Belize and Cozumel last year. Both were excellent ant professional. We had also booked the Chakanaab dolphin swim with them, but when it wasn't opened in time for our cruise (due to rebuilding from Hurricane) they promptly refunded our money without problem. I do reccomend them.

Archived