Allen Marine Whale Watching Tours

LaBayouBabe

some friends did something like this on the NCL star last year. they were on a double decker with about 100 people, cruised by a beach with some seals or sea lions on it, did a cruise by where you can see mendenhall through the mountains. they spend about an hour (?) actually watching the whales since they had other things the boat had to see. they enjoyed it and got some good pictures.

with orca enterprises (capt larry) we got 3 hours of whale watching, sea lions came and played off the end of the boat and then went and played with the whales. the view of mendenhall can be seen just as you are cruising in and out of the boat harbor (different from the cruise ship dock)

we only had 15 on a boat that could hold 40.

with harv & marv, their boats only hold 6.

We did the Evening Whale Watch with them 2 years ago in May, through the NCL Star.

I loved it! Nice large boat, not too crowded - maybe 40 people or less. Food, free binoculars, a place to sit in out of the wind, and plenty of room at the rail. The Captain of the boat was a wonderful naturalist with many terrific stories.

We saw lots of whales, and of course some spactacular scenery.

I totally felt like I got my money's worth with them.

Linda

We did the tour on Allen Marine through the ship a few years ago and enjoyed it thoroughly. The boat was very comfortable, enclosed spaces and open spaces as you liked. We saw a whole island full of Stellar sea lions. When you are used to the California sea lion, the Stellar is a different beast. You can really see why they are called sea "lions."

Have a GREAT cruise!

This tour will probably give you a 45 min- 1 hour stop at Mendenhall, usually enough time for most.

With the independents, you can be dropped off at the Mendenhall Visitor center on some trips with prior arrangement, or picked up there. Shuttle is $6pp each way back to the dock. Then you leave when you wish.

Some independent whale watches are longer, so maybe compare time on the water, if important.

Archived