Looking for Elation in La Paz review?

I've checked under Member Reviews (some are marked Mexico, but aren't) and 10 pages into this forum and can not find any reviews of the Elation sailing into La Paz. Is this the first year it has sailed to La Paz? Which Carnival ship used to do the La Paz route? My DW and I have only sailed on Princess, but I really like the mid-size ships better than the mega ships (2600+) and my DW liked the even smaller Tahitian Princess. Is it true that only the Elation suites have refrigerators? Does any one have a link to a good review of the La Paz route? TIA.

Eric

Hi Eric - The Elation doesn't come to San Diego for a couple of more months. It's a new itinerary for Carnival and everyone else I believe. Holland America does a 10 day Sea Of Cortez cruise and La Paz may be on that.

I don't think there's much in La Paz, but I have no first hand info

Good luck

2 weeks from today we'll be on the Spirit headed for Mexico :D

As the previous poster stated, the Elation won't debut until May in San Diego. They will only have a few sailings that go to La Paz.

The Spirit also sails to La Paz once a year in April. We did that one back in 2005. La Paz is beautiful. Not a tourist town though....but I'm sure before long it will be. There was some type of resort under construction when we were there, might be done now. Good Luck!

I've heard so many good stories about charter fishing from La Paz, I was hoping there might be an excursion. I've heard that the good beaches are away from town to the south. Thanks for the input.

Carnival doesn't have any fishing excursions. Maybe you can find a private one. They do offer some scuba and snorkeling excursions though.

Good luck!

Yep, Elation won't arrive in our beautiful San Diego for a few more months! But, I have done the Spirit intenerary that includes La Paz. True not a whole lot there. We, me 45 & dd 18 did the Todos Santos tour thru Carnival. I usually don't do Carnival tours but couldn't find alot about the area. We had a great time. Todos Santos is a very artsy, eclectic area. We went because I wanted to go to the real Hotel California, yes the one the song was written about. My daughter loved it. Got souvenirs for my dead head brother. It was a very enjoyable quiet day.

Hope that helps a little!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Archived