Few ? about Brillance

We have decided to cancel our Carnival for next March and go with the Brillance for the Panama Canal. We feel the extra$ is worth going through on the Brillance and 11 nights instead of 8!!

Getting ready to book, but was wondering if there is a better side to be on the ship??? Also any certain deck.

We would like a balcony, but not one with obstructed view!! (this will be our 1st balcony.)

Also, how are the ports??? Looked at the 10 day, but the date for us is much better with the 11 day. What is Labadee Like????

Sorry for all the questions....Thanks for any replies.

I don't think there really is a better side of the ship to be on. We happened to be on the starboard side when we went to the canal and we were in the left lane going through the locks, so we had a wonderful view of the ship in the other lane. It was a bit ahead of us, so we could see what was happening the whole way.

Try booking a phantom reservation online and it will tell you which cabins have obstructed views. Keep in mind, if you wait to book your cabin, you could end with one of those as the canal trips book quickly.

Aruba is one of my favorite ports. It is a very clean island and the people are very friendly. I haven't been to Labadee, so I can't say anything about that port. I haven't been to Cartagena either, but Curacao is also a nice port. I know you will enjoy your trip.

Katie

Glad to see that the Adventure made a convert out of you. Aren't you glad now that you didn't go on the Destiny?

I am doing the Brilliance in 15 days on the 11 day itinerary. We have an aft D1, I was very specific about this room and even changed sailings to get it. I wanted to watch the lock doors close behind us.

the room side I don't think really matters because during the actual transit you shouldn't stay on your balcony. Go to the helipad up front in the early am and then move all around the ship, different sides, different levels as you transit through to see everything.

Labadee is basically a beach day and there are water things that you can rent and such. They serve a bbq lunch and there is a shopping area.

We chose the 11 day version because except for Aruba we hadn't been to any of the other ports.

We just booked the Brilliance for the first week of Feb. 2008. We are in 7610 at the end of the hump on the starboard side. There is some obstrucion for this stateroom balconcy but the CSR said it should not be a problem as the balcony is over 100 sq ft. I hope we made a good decision........We don't quite know what to except in the Panama Canal which is why we are doing the cruise! To find out!

My wife & I just returned from Brilliance 11 day, it was great.

Although we had a D1 balcony we still got out on the helecopter pad at 5:30 AM, in the bow is your best view of everything that goes on.

Labadee was a great stop, wonderfull beach & swiming.

The other islands are buitifull also, Costa Rica was wet but a great trip on the Tortagura Canals.

Enjoy, on this ship you can't miss.

Sue is correct. We roamed all over the Brilliance to get better views and photo ops during both transits of the locks. We were seldom in our balcony cabin. Having lunch on the outside deck of the Windjammer, sailing back thru the locks, was a real experience.

Rick

Getting ready to book, but was wondering if there is a better side to be on the ship??? Also any certain deck.

We would like a balcony, but not one with obstructed view!! (this will be our 1st balcony.)

Sunlover;

Which deck and which side of the ship you get COULD make a difference. If you look at the deck plans of the Brilliance, you'll see that the balconies on the PORT SIDE HUMP on either DECK 9 or 10 are HUGE!!

If you can get one of those rooms (9078, 9092, etc.), you'll have a better balcony.

I agree with ianturner.....we also got up at 5:30 to be at the the front of the bow to watch going under the bridge of americas and going into the first lock. Then we went to our aft balconey and were able to relax and watch the gates close behind us. Loved our deck nine aft rooms!

We just did the 11 night Panama Canal on Brilliance in December... it was a wonderful cruise! Brilliance is a beautiful ship, the ports are great and the Canal was awesome! :)

I thought you may enjoy some pictures....

Have a great cruise! :D

Archived