Frozen Watermelon Pie--

a1moty

The frozen watermelon pie actually disappeared from the ships for a couple of years.

Then in 2009 or 2010 it slowly began to re-appear on some of the ships.

It has been offered on all our recent cruises -- DH loves it.

I will have to look for it on the Maasdam!

In the days when I used to do a lot of cooking an entertaining, it was very irritating for someone to provide me with a recipe they represented to be other than what it really was. It was a waste of my time, work and expense to expect one outcome but to not get it because of having been given a recipe that was not from 'that' restaurant or that 'person's' special recipe collection.

It should be abundantly clear if it is a HAL Recipe.

IMO

Joanie has marked a few recipes that are from HAL.

I got some more on our last cruise that I wanted to add -- but there isn't a way to add to her site.

I got some more on our last cruise that I wanted to add -- but there isn't a way to add to her site.

:confused: Why wouldn't you post them here on the CC board so people who search these forums can find them here without having to go to another, unrelated, site?

If you have HAL recipes to post, why not share them with the HAL posters here on this board? :confused: I don't understand the need for them to be posted elsewhere unless Hosts here have expressed they don't want them on this forum.

IF that is the case, I have never heard that before.

People are far more apt to find this site on their own than Joanie's IMO.

It was offered once our 14 day Amsterdam cruise.

I think is was only offered once on our 21 day Noordam cruise -- I really should look over the menus I posted.

It was offered on our 14 day Circle Hawaii cruise, but it was not the same as the one we had on the Z in 2004. It had Raspberry sherbert rather than Watermelon sherbert as the pink section and that made a big difference

When I want a recipe from something that I ate on a HAL ship -- I check Joanie's site.

Sadly there have been recipes added there for items that weren't HAL's recipe -- mainly because the Hosts moved her "recipe" section to the "Foodies"??

As Sail says you can always find a recipe by checking via the Google search. And as KK says you can check my recipes web site and find other than HAL recipes.

The reason I named it Cruise Critic Members Favorite Recipes is because some sent me their favorite non HAL recipes and some times we'd be discussing a HAL dish and some one would chime in with a favorite non HAL dish that sounded delicious... So...Add them all:)

BUT ALL of the HAL Recipes have the word "HAL's in their title, so easy to distinguish between HAL Official and non HAL recipes:)

I am sorry that I've not gotten 99.99.99% of them up yet, but sheesh... converting not only from hubdreds of portions but also metric to non metric... especially for someone like me who is math challenged:eek::D

In my signature is my web site address (which I've had to shorten due to adding more countdown clocks) but if you click on

HAL Staterooms/Cabins/HAL HC Info/HAL Mariner Tags/Favorite Recipes http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ you can scroll down to almost the bottom and click on either of the following:

Joanie's Cruise Critic Member's Favorite Recipes

Joanie's Cruise Critic Member's Favorite Recipes (Back Up Site)

And if you cannot find it on the site, post the question here on the boards and send me an email. I will look through all 2500+ HAL recipes I have for you, just as I did this morning for the Baked Brie:)

Joanie

Yonnie, you can scan them and email them to me if you'd like:)

Joanie

As Sail says you can always find a recipe by checking via the Google search. And as KK says you can check my recipes web site and find other than HAL recipes.

The reason I named it Cruise Critic Members Favorite Recipes is because some sent me their favorite non HAL recipes and some times we'd be discussing a HAL dish and some one would chime in with a favorite non HAL dish that sounded delicious... So...Add them all:)

BUT ALL of the HAL Recipes have the word "HAL's in their title, so easy to distinguish between HAL Official and non HAL recipes:)

I am sorry that I've not gotten 99.99.99% of them up yet, but sheesh... converting not only from hubdreds of portions but also metric to non metric... especially for someone like me who is math challenged:eek::D

In my signature is my web site address (which I've had to shorten due to adding more countdown clocks) but if you click on

HAL Staterooms/Cabins/HAL HC Info/HAL Mariner Tags/Favorite Recipes http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ you can scroll down to almost the bottom and click on either of the following:

Joanie's Cruise Critic Member's Favorite Recipes

Joanie's Cruise Critic Member's Favorite Recipes (Back Up Site)

And if you cannot find it on the site, post the question here on the boards and send me an email. I will look through all 2500+ HAL recipes I have for you, just as I did this morning for the Baked Brie:)

Joanie

That is not my point.

My question is

Why do you divert the recipes from HAL forum of CC to your private website?

That is not my point.

My question is

Why do you divert the recipes from HAL forum of CC to your private website?

Sail, you've made the statement before and I do understand why you are not happy about my response, which has not changed, because many people do not want to search through a thread or many threads to find a recipe. Having things in one place is so much easier for people like me.

Plain and simple, I like to do it:) And if it makes me happy and keeps me busy and others as well... Then I will do it forever:)

Joanie

Good luck to you, Joanie. :)

Yes, I Have said this before and likely will say it again some time.

Does your site indicate to you who has visited it when?

If I were to go to your site (which I don't think I ever have done), would you see that I was on your pages?

Good luck to you, Joanie. :)

Yes, I Have said this before and likely will say it again some time.

Does your site indicate to you who has visited it when?

If I were to go to your site (which I don't think I ever have done), would you see that I was on your pages?

Yes, Sail, I can see where people are from, when they visited, from what city, who their Internet provider is but nothing as personal as who you are or exactly where you live. I cannot see the street names etc. Cities, states, country yes. I can see what time you came on, where you came from before (referring page/web site), how long you spent on each page.....Just basic information that enables me, as a web site owner to run my web site. Every week I am sent an email that tells me the info and tells me also when the peak usage is and also helps me to know when not to be updating the site (which will slow down the process for visitors.)

Just so you know Sail, ALL web sites have the same capabilities, but some can get/grab even more personal info:( For myself, I do not need to nor want to know that info. Hmmm. I think we have had this conversation before haven't we;)

Joanie

Anybody out there (besides me) remember the watermelon pie song and parade (led by the yum yum man) that they used to do on the Zaandam (circa 2003/2004) on the night they served the watermelon pie?

I am afraid the dessert is not my favorite, but the song was great fun!

Anybody out there (besides me) remember the watermelon pie song and parade (led by the yum yum man) that they used to do on the Zaandam (circa 2003/2004) on the night they served the watermelon pie?

I am afraid the dessert is not my favorite, but the song was great fun!

We were sailing back then -- more than we do now - and I do not remember the yum yum man or parade or a song.

Archived