Sorry, but another Brillance Cabin ?

My vacation planner is not in until tomorrow at 3pm so called and talked to another for some info? They said the hump left on Deck 7 had partial obstructed view?? Also, had a 3 pull bed, makes me nervous about getting bumped out. Anyone been on Deck 7 and how obstructed are the views??? Really wanted to stay in the E3 category, but maybe better to pay even more for an E2 or E1. Please help?? It is cabin number 7596 I am thinking about. Thanks again!!!!

Sunlover, I am following your threads because we just booked 7610 for 2/1/08 and it is partially obstructed also and other than the lifeboat covers and that was are behind the "hump" I am trying to figure out what else they mean by the obstruction. I am new to all this so I have been following your threads hoping to get some help on my end also!

The only thing I can figure blocking a view, would be if you looked to the left from your balcony, you would see the life boats cover.( It appears as a wide white roof over the lifeboats.) I was in 8596 on the Brilliance, an E2. If you can get one in that vicinity you would not have any blocked view at all. It is Deck 8 and more to the center of the Hump than the cabin you speak of. Great location. ;)

The picture below will show you the lifeboat cover. Your cabin would have that view looking to the left. The center hump cabins do not have that. There is no lifeboat cover under the hump middle cabins. 8596 ;)

That other picture is of a cabin way in the aft of the ship. Your hump is no where's near that obstruction. ;)

2297858440077651287EDCZLE_ph.jpg

Alexis, thanks, but all the humps except this one were taken. Only thing left on Deck 8 is a regular balcony. Just don't know what to do!!!! So confusing!! I am about ready to book an inside and tell DH we are just going up top!!!:D

The vacation planner I talked to said it had a 25% obstructed view, whatever that means?? She said you could not look down straight into the water. I am thinking it is the white roof shown in the picture from ladylawyer.

I am also nervous about it having the option for a third bed, been reading too much about people being bumped for cabins they booked that had 3 beds and only 2 people booked.

Thanks everyone for all your responses.!!!

Alexis, thanks, but all the humps except this one were taken. Only thing left on Deck 8 is a regular balcony. Just don't know what to do!!!! So confusing!! I am about ready to book an inside and tell DH we are just going up top!!!:D

The vacation planner I talked to said it had a 25% obstructed view, whatever that means?? She said you could not look down straight into the water. I am thinking it is the white roof shown in the picture from ladylawyer.

I am also nervous about it having the option for a third bed, been reading too much about people being bumped for cabins they booked that had 3 beds and only 2 people booked.

Thanks everyone for all your responses.!!!

If you do not mind looking to the left and seeing a partial blocking from the white roof, take that cabin. It is a really good location. All the balcony cabins can see the horizon, as you will too and the view is spectacular. Grab it. ;) Not seeing directly down to the water to your left, is minor.

Ask RCCL if you ask to stay in that cabin and not be relocated, can they move you against your will? If they say no, that they have to ask you first, grab it. :D Good Luck. ;)

EDIT: These reasons alone make for booking a hump cabin.

1. Location, convenience to the stairs and elevators. No noise

2. The view.

3. You can see clear to the front and back of the ship.

4. You can see straight down to the water. (Middle hump)

5. Total privacy on your balcony because you stick out further from

the ship than the other cabins.

Archived