Crown Princess & Ft. Lauderdale Questions?

mrcruzer

Hi there, a question about Crown Princess, and about Ft. Lauderdale (not necessarily related).

Crown Princess:

What is the max number in a group you can seat in anytime dining?

Ft. Lauderdale:

How strict are they about bringing onboard alcohol?

thanks,

MC.

You can have any number in your group – they will seat you at tables in the same area. You should be prepared to wait a bit though if you have a large group so that they can get enough space to accommodate you at adjacent tables.

As for taking alcohol aboard, I think it depends more on who is manning the x-ray machines that day. If you’re just talking about a bottle or two nicely hidden in your carry-on you shouldn’t have any trouble at all. If you are trying to carry on a case of it you could have some trouble. I have never carried any on at Ft. Lauderdale but I friends I am sailing with have and they haven’t ever had any problem at all.

We travelled Sapphire last February, and were frustrated because despite their claims, the dining room staff would not seat our group together-no matter what restaurant!

On some nights, we could have the possibility of having 13+ in our group for dinner. Do you think they'd be able to accomodate a large number such as this?

Most likely, all that would be brought onboard would be a couple bottles, nothing much. Perhaps a six pack of beer? We'd most likely bring onboard a bottle or two of wine, maybe a six pack of beer, and some rum? (This would be distrobuted among two "bookings" of our group.) Any trouble getting a six pack of coke onboard?

Why should you bring the alcohol/drinks in the carry on? That is scanned too...

And yet another question, hopefully someone can answer some of these questions I have!

If you buy drinks such as soda or beer prior to embarkation, do the stewards ever take anything out of the mini-bar? Do they really care that you brought your own stuff onboard?

my other Q's were:

• On some nights, we could have the possibility of having 13+ in our group for dinner. Do you think they'd be able to accomodate a large number such as this?
  • Any problems bringing onboard a six pack of beer and/or coke? And/Or a small bottle of Rum?
  • Why is it drinks are brought aboard in the Carry on?

Archived