tickets for tendering?

buzecruze

I am sailing on the star princess in april and have never cruised before. I understand you need tickets to board the tenders going into port. Where do you get the tickets? I am an early riser and want to get off the ship as soon as possible.

Princess gives priority to passengers going on ship's excursions when tendering is required. Anyone else has to go where the tender tickets are distributed (location and times are included in the Princess Patter you get each evening).

Then, as space permits, they call passengers by range of numbers on the tickets.

Almost forgot, suite passengers and frequent cruisers (16+ cruises with Princess) also get priority.

They use severl tenders to get people ashore.

Paul

I am sure it's probably not the same on every ship, but here was our experience with tendering ashore in Cabo last month.

We wanted to get an early start since the ship remians in Cabo only until 2pm. So as soon as the announcement was made that the ship was ready to disembark, we headed down to the lounge where the tickets were being distributed. When we got there, the lady at the table told us to go down to the tender and that no tickets would be needed this early in the am.

When we got to the tender, it was virtually empty. Like I said this was our experience aboard the Diamond Princess in late Feb - I'm sure each itinerary has it's own issues.

Suzi

Archived