2008 Europe SHIPS, ITINERARIES & DATES

Ella2

I can find most of the others, but I am having no luck finding this one

Jewel of the Seas

11-Night British Isles/Norwegian Fjords

June 16, 2008

Harwich, Paris/Normandy, Cormwall, Cork, Dublin, Glasgow, Flam, Alesund, Bergen, Harwich

I can find the 12 night for Jun 18th, 2007.

I was looking at the cruises and the rates for the 5 night on the Navigator are awesome, for a PR cabin it is only 519 pp or a balcony it is $999 pp. It has 2 stops in Italy and 1 in Monte Carlo. I know this is short but all of the others are so high in price. Do you think it would be worth it for 5 nights?

Also, any ideas what air fare would be in June? They are asking about $1500 pp.

Thanks!

You're correct - the Bristish Isles/Fjords trip is not showing up on the web site yet. We called RCCL directly to book it as soon as Ella2 posted that the new schedule was out. RCCL offers this trip only once a season and for 2008 it will be an 11-night cruise. I believe it books rather quickly because it is a "once a year" itinerary. Just call RCCL to book it and hope to see you on board!:)

You're correct - the Bristish Isles/Fjords trip is not showing up on the web site yet. We called RCCL directly to book it as soon as Ella2 posted that the new schedule was out. RCCL offers this trip only once a season and for 2008 it will be an 11-night cruise. I believe it books rather quickly because it is a "once a year" itinerary. Just call RCCL to book it and hope to see you on board!:)

What are the prices like on this 11-night sailing? I am planning on giving the C&A desk a call, but I'd love to have an idea of what the prices are. Thank you!

What are the prices like on this 11-night sailing? I am planning on giving the C&A desk a call, but I'd love to have an idea of what the prices are. Thank you!

I booked this cruise, but I'm still kind of stunned by the price. It could be just that my cruising experience is limited, and I've never taken a European cruise. We have a D1, and the total for the two of us, including taxes and whatever, is 6300.00. Gasp! it looks appalling in black and white, and we haven't even thought about plane fare and hotels. I think I may have to win the lottery to actually take this trip.:eek:

We did this cruise a few yrs ago on the Splendor. I think it will be great on the Jewel.

This is our favorite cruise of all time.

Norway was incredible,as was Ireland. Loved when they had the locals come aboard and dance for us in their custom dress.

Lucky you!!

I've booked it, but am not at all sure we can afford to take it.:eek: I'm glad to hear that it's great though. It does sound really appealing, although I'm sorry that they eliminated the Amsterdam stop.

I looked at the prices for the Europe cruises and they are definately high. I saw 7 nighters that cost more than my upcoming 14 night Hawaii cruise. :eek: Wow!

How come Europe is so expensive, other than the exchange rate?

I was looking at the cruises and the rates for the 5 night on the Navigator are awesome, for a PR cabin it is only 519 pp or a balcony it is $999 pp. It has 2 stops in Italy and 1 in Monte Carlo. I know this is short but all of the others are so high in price. Do you think it would be worth it for 5 nights?

Also, any ideas what air fare would be in June? They are asking about $1500 pp.

Thanks!

I too would like to know what people think about these short cruises. The prices seem very, very good, especially for the 3rd and 4th ($299). whit53, which one are you thinking about? I'm considering 6-16 and I too and from Illinois. I've also thought about adding the 6-12 and doing back to back.

We've also just booked...May 31 aboard the Voyager. This will be our first experience with a hump cabin (9618). We also decided to try a junior suite for the first time. In the past, we've always had a balcony cabin, but never a junior suite. I can't wait!

We've also just booked...May 31 aboard the Voyager. This will be our first experience with a hump cabin (9618). We also decided to try a junior suite for the first time. In the past, we've always had a balcony cabin, but never a junior suite. I can't wait!

I just had this JS on the sister ship Navigator last month..first time in JS also... you will LOVE it

We agree 12 day Med cruises are expensive, but it also covers a lot of ports that we want to see. We retire this year and this will be our cruise of a lifetime.
We got a C&A Platinum $200 discount. Also we just got a $900 price reduction on our upcoming April 15 Mariner cruise. So we are moving that saving to our Med Cruise next year. We will keep watching the rates for possibel reductions.

Three of Us: Please keep us informed of your progress as ours is Sept. 23. after yours. We will do same.

Archived