carnival destiny: How much spending $$?

mueller74us

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in June. A 7 day stopping at 5 ports. How much should we plan on making available for spending money. I am specifically speaking about credit card funds set aside for S&S card and money for the islands (shopping and eating). If you are kind enough to answer do not include excursions or gambling in your approximation! While I know everyone is different I am hoping to get a ballpark number after considering everyone's opinions. Thanks!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

i'd like to know this too, we are in the same position. We was thinking about 2000 which works out at about 142 dollars per person per day.

Even then i dont think it will be enough so would love to know what people think!

i'd like to know this too, we are in the same position. We was thinking about 2000 which works out at about 142 dollars per person per day.

Even then i dont think it will be enough so would love to know what people think!

I was thinking 2000 as well...but I've had friends...that haven't cruised... make educated guesses much, much higher as well as much, much lower than $2000

:o :o :o

i'd much rather take too much and bring some back then take too little. I also read on another thread that somebody takes a credit card with a high limit incase anything happens and they need flights back home super quick or anything like that. I think thats a great idea so we are definetly doing that!

Hey, I was on the Destiny on the Feb 18th sailing. I really can't tell you how much money to bring, it all depends on a lot of things. 1) How much do you want to drink? 2) What do you plan on buying, (jewelry?) 3) Any excursions planned?...... My self, I took around $600 for spending money, I didn't drink a lot, maybe bought two drinks the whole cruise. I didn't really buy a lot of things ether, a couple little things here and there. The most of my money went to excursions or money for a taxi. Same went for the other 3 people that traveled with us. We were all between 21-24. Hope this helps a little, if you have any questions feel free to ask I'll do my best to answer them.

Ryan

I can't give you an estimate about how much to take, but a suggestion I read about here. If the food on board is included with your cruise, then see if you can bring a lunch with you when you get off at the port. Some ships will pack you one. If not, bring along bananas in your purse or anything that isn't messy and just snack until you get back to the ship. You'll save money.

Thanks all! Though we are not in a position to have thousands of dollars worth of "emergency" money as someone mentioned I think we will have a couple thousand dollars available for the trip...as lowly college students that about as good as it gets! Thanks again!!

I can't give you an estimate about how much to take, but a suggestion I read about here. If the food on board is included with your cruise, then see if you can bring a lunch with you when you get off at the port. Some ships will pack you one. If not, bring along bananas in your purse or anything that isn't messy and just snack until you get back to the ship. You'll save money.

wow i bet that saves a fortune, great idea.

Archived