How far from port to Athens?

We'll be on a Med cruise in June. We've booked private tours in Naples and Rome. Trying to decide on Athens. How far from the port to the city? Can you just hop in a taxi at the port? How much is the fare to the city? Anyone book a private tour in Athens?

Thanks for the help!

Laurie

We'll be on a Med cruise in June. We've booked private tours in Naples and Rome. Trying to decide on Athens. How far from the port to the city? Can you just hop in a taxi at the port? How much is the fare to the city? Anyone book a private tour in Athens?

Thanks for the help!

Laurie

Do a search on this board as there is a wealth of info on your very question..train,taxi,guides,cost and links...some of it just posted in the past couple of weeks as it gets asked all the time.

we were there before the subway got finished. we got a taxi, got the price up front. BUT they stop and pick up other fares...then drove like a bat out of (you know where), he was going about 100mph plus (we had to figure it from metric) down the freeway. he got there, but it was a thrill ride the whole way. the ride from plaka to the airport was much slower.

Thanks for some quick replies.

cberge: I do understand the search aspect of this website. No matter what search words are entered the results are usually very overwhelming. It can be painfully tedious to read through all the posts to find what one needs to know. As repetitive as it can be it is often quicker to just reference the responses to my question rather than read the countless other posts. I have been using this website for years and have always found invaluable information regarding my travels. It appears you like this website also.

HeinBloed and Toyz711: Thanks for the short, helpful responses. It sounds like the metro is the way to go.

Happy Travels,

Laurie

we were there before the subway got finished.

Hmm...

the subway (Piraeus-line) was finished 1869 according to the subway's operator's website...

Wondering how you managed it...;)

Good Night!!!

HeinBloed

Archived