Queen Vic - where are all the triples?

Timtammi

Hi there all

As some of you will know we recently returned from a wonderful trip Sydney-Dubai on the QM2. While we were onboard we were told that if we made another open booking while onboard we would qualify for some perks - turned out to be some onboard credits and a 3% discount if we booked a full world cruise. Hardly earth shattering offers but something is better than nothing (a full world cruise is not on the cards unless we win lotto and retire!) and we enjoyed our cruise so much that we thought we would like to do it again - either on the QM2 or the new QV.

The QV appealed as it was something slightly different so I grabbed the brochure and looked at the deck plans. There are 3 of us, myself DH and our soon to be 3 year old.

On the QM2 we had a B3 in-hull balcony which suited us just fine - the 3rd berth was the sofa bed. While on board I had a chance to see many of the rooms that were just like ours with a sofa but in talking to a few people it seems that only those that are shown on the deck plan as being a 3 berth have the sofa bed, the others have the sofa, but it doesn't convert (I wonder why they didnt just put sofa beds in all of them?).

I had seen the artist renditions of the QV balcony rooms and they looked very similar to the QM2 rooms with a sofa so I assumed some of these would also have a sofa bed. Seems I am wrong. On my reading of the deck plans there are NO standard balcony rooms with a 3rd berth. The only 3 berths are some inside and ocean view rooms on deck 1 - not really interested in that - and some Princess Grill and Queens Grill Suites - out of our budget and anyway, I loved the Britannia Restaurant on Qm2 so much and I thought the Grill restaurants looked lacking in atmosphere by comparison. Am I reading the deck plans wrong? If I'm right can anyone shed any light as to why they might choose to do this? Seems very strange to me..

Cheers

Timmi

Triples are probably as available as singles. Unfortunately planners, engineers and architects seem to only think in pairs never singles (weird people) or triples (strange group). Maybe it is time we all made a bit of noise about such poor planning.

Actually I think that it comes down to economics and triples usually have a third person that costs the line more or equal to their fare so there is little profit from the third person but lots of wear and tear. Just a thought. I know they don't like singles because we do not contribute enough to shipboard purchases and shore excursions even after they have extracted the dreaded single supplement.

Triples are probably as available as singles. Unfortunately planners, engineers and architects seem to only think in pairs never singles (weird people) or triples (strange group). Maybe it is time we all made a bit of noise about such poor planning.

Actually I think that it comes down to economics and triples usually have a third person that costs the line more or equal to their fare so there is little profit from the third person but lots of wear and tear. Just a thought. I know they don't like singles because we do not contribute enough to shipboard purchases and shore excursions even after they have extracted the dreaded single supplement.

Yep!

Now that S&D and I have kissed and made up (so to speak) We were think of having S&D, Marc and myself in a Triple for the world! <G>

<SMOOCH!>:p:D

Never mind Karie - if things get a bit crowded then you can always come and share Penny and my lifeboat!:D

MAlcolm...don't forget all my luggage!!! And room for my evil twin who goes everywhere with me. Sorry Karie...get your own lifeboat...this one is ours!!

Cheers, Penny

MAlcolm...don't forget all my luggage!

Hey - you don't need to worry about that - the QE2's a proper boat and has proper life boats (even boats with cabin space). You'd sleep four in one of them with no problem (OK, I'll admit that you might need the boat next door for the luggage:D )

Hey - you don't need to worry about that - the QE2's a proper boat and has proper life boats (even boats with cabin space). You'd sleep four in one of them with no problem (OK, I'll admit that you might need the boat next door for the luggage:D )

You haven't seen all my luggage!!! and then there's the evil twin...ahe has her own (I don't let her wear my stuff!!) :rolleyes: So I"m counting on you to secure that luggage boat or I can't come!:D

Cheers, Penny...whose favorite expression is...just one more carry-on, please? :eek:

Never mind Karie - if things get a bit crowded !then you can always come and share Penny and my lifeboat!:D

Aww!!! You'd do that for me, Malcolm? Aren't you just the sweetest!

When I saw Penny had posted, I was afraid she was trying to horn in on my suite with S&D and Mr. R!

But heck, What's a suite, if I could share a life boat with you! There's not many who would do that for me!

KP,

whose evil twin has an evil twin!

When I saw Penny had posted, I was afraid she was trying to horn in on my suite with S&D and Mr. R!

Karie - what Penny and I really have planned is that we will throw everyone else out of the suite and move in there - of course you're welcome to share their lifeboat:D

Archived