MUTS Questions

mrcruzer

How often do movies typically play during each day?

Same question, but for evenings/nights?

How often do they bring Popcorn around, and is that free of charge?

do they ever take requests for particular sporting events?

During the day they play a variety of different movies throughout the whole day. At night, they have a different movie every night where they serve popcorn and cover the chairs with MUTS covers and give out blankets. They list the movies that are playing in the daily patters. The popcorn is free, I think they sell candy if you want that. I don't think they take requests for different sporting events, but I could be wrong. Someone else might be able to better help you with that one.

Grand has free popcorn and that de-luscious ice cream just a few steps away. If available try the banana and the peach daily specials - creamy and piled into the cup. You ask and pay for ($1.50) two scoops, but you get at least four. Maybe they liked me - I definitely liked them.

Mark;)

Ps Hi, A.

On the Caribbean Princess, during the day there was continuous something on MUTS but most movies were PG and G rated. For instance at 8:00 a.m.: In Her Shoes; 11:15 a.m.: Sunbed Bingo (live from Club Fusion); 12:15 p.m.: Monsters, Inc.; 2:00 p.m.: Survival Challenge Round 1; 3:00 p.m. Raiders of the Lost Art; 8:30: Football; Midnight: The Da Vinci Code

The blankets and covers were hit and miss - sometimes they would be there and sometimes not. You were most likely to find them on at the early evening show as they generally took them off for the later show. Popcorn machine was at the earlier shows also.

On both of our trips we only got to watch 1 movie under the stars which was Cars. Something would happen like the wrong movie would be playing or it would rain, or it would be too windy to be enjoyable, or the only good seats were taken. Try to sit away from the hot tubs as the outside lights blind you as you are trying to watch the movie. We found 1 deck up to be the best.

We managed to find a few dry seats on the Grand a few weeks ago to watch The Lake House. We saw rain on a few evenings, but some of the chairs remained under cover on the evening we attended MUTS, and we dragged them out after the showers had stopped.

As I remember, popcorn was served twice during the movie...but my memory could be faulty since I snoozed thru at least half of the movie. :D

I was on the grand in late January. The late seating they were out of popcorn and would not pop anymore. You also had to go to the ice cream parlor to get it they did not bring it around. I never saw any candy for sale.

I agree the best place to sit was one deck up from the lido and one set of chairs back from the first row.

Archived