Jewel of thes Seas balcony pics??

I was thinking about booking a cruise on JOS next year. I would like a balcony room, and I know RCCL has different looking balconys on their ships. I was wondering if someone had any pics of one, and was also wondering if the rooms have the sliding glass doors or the ones that open in or outward? Also, can the partitions between the balconies open? Has anyone that has sailed on this ship before had them open? Thanks for any help. Oh, and are they glass or metal?

We had 9078 on the Jewel and would recommend it as it has a huge balconey. 8088 one deck below is the same. Our favorites are 9076 and 8086 - very large balconies and very light and airy. Grab one of these if you can. I don't think that the partitions between balconys can be opened. The J:D ewel was our favorite of 15 cruises - have fun!

Can you leave the door open all night?

Sure. The downfall is that the A/C turns off when the door is open. I discovered last year how to trick the A/C switch on the Carnival Miracle to stay on, even when the door was open. On the Miracle, it uses a magnet switch. You place a magnet over the "receiver" part of the switch and it thinks the door is still closed. We're going to try that trick again this year, even though the door is different. I'll let you know what my findings are after we get back from our cruise if you'd like.

Sure. The downfall is that the A/C turns off when the door is open. I discovered last year how to trick the A/C switch on the Carnival Miracle to stay on, even when the door was open. On the Miracle, it uses a magnet switch. You place a magnet over the "receiver" part of the switch and it thinks the door is still closed. We're going to try that trick again this year, even though the door is different. I'll let you know what my findings are after we get back from our cruise if you'd like.
I'd love to know! Look forward to your report. Have a great trip!!:D

I have photos of my cabin on the Jewel in my link below. It is of a Grand Suite. Not sure if you're interested in that.

Also for the ones looking to keep the A/C on while keeping the door open. That is not a good idea. It places a huge strain on the ships systems. They are not made to cool the ship and the entire Caribbean sea.

The magnet thing might have worked on Carnival, I can tell you it won´t on RCCL. Why? Well there simply is no magnetic switch. I keep reading this tuff on the boards and it´s just not true, at least for the ships I´ve been on. I searched for this switch and it´s not there. The A/C is not shut off when the balcony door is open, however if you cruise in hot/humid areas the A/C won´t be able to col down your room with the door open.

I was thinking about booking a cruise on JOS next year. I would like a balcony room, and I know RCCL has different looking balconys on their ships. I was wondering if someone had any pics of one, and was also wondering if the rooms have the sliding glass doors or the ones that open in or outward?

Many pics from Jewel on my website, see link in signature.

Sliding doors on all RCCL ships I´ve sailed on.

Also, can the partitions between the balconies open? Has anyone that has sailed on this ship before had them open?

No

Thanks for any help. Oh, and are they glass or metal?

Depends on Cabin location. Some are metal some are glass.

The magnet thing might have worked on Carnival, I can tell you it won´t on RCCL. Why? Well there simply is no magnetic switch. I keep reading this tuff on the boards and it´s just not true, at least for the ships I´ve been on. I searched for this switch and it´s not there. The A/C is not shut off when the balcony door is open, however if you cruise in hot/humid areas the A/C won´t be able to col down your room with the door open.

I was told by others that the A/C turns off when the balcony door is slid open on RCI ships. I'll soon know if that's true or not since we're boarding this Saturday. :D

If not true and the air does stay on, no need to do anything. But, if it does turn off, there is going to be some type of switch involved whether it's magnetic or mechanical. Either way, I'll find out. ;)

Here's a photo I found (taken from the forward of a hump cabin) when I was looking to book the Jewel.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1242714749043779734EnFLCO

The photo is meant to show how much bigger the forward deck 7 balconies are than your average balcony but I think it gives a good representation of other balconies as well.

• 2 years later...

Beware of leaving the door open, especially on "port" mornings---the window washers are out there early and my spray water into your room! Also, don't open your curtains while undressed (unless you like to give a show!) until you peek out---the window washer men may be right at your balcony!!!!

Archived