Rome to Orvieto via Train... Anyone done this before?

Has anyone taken the train from Rome to Orvieto? We have reserved a driver for this trip, but I was wondering if this is easy enough done on our own. We are also possibly taking the train (on a different day) to Tivoli. Any recommendations?

Has anyone taken the train from Rome to Orvieto? We have reserved a driver for this trip, but I was wondering if this is easy enough done on our own. We are also possibly taking the train (on a different day) to Tivoli. Any recommendations?

We are going to do this (Orvieto) this summer. Orvieto is about 1 hour outside of Rome. I use "Let's Go" travel book, and recently saw on Rick Steve's how to do this from Rome. It shouldn't be a big deal.....We kind of like the trains......

Just FYI, the cathedral, one of the main sites in Orvieto was covered with scaffolding just a few months ago, and I was advised that it still is. (We decided to go to Tuscania instead.)

Have a great cruise,

Donna

Archived