Wheelhouse bar

ck53

I have not seen a pub menu(not sure abut that) but once our Cruise Critic roll callers met in there and they gave a dish of those nuts,pretzels, combination to snack on.

Marilyn

None on any of mine, however I think a while back I read that the Emerald was going to have "pub" food in the wheelhouse..

If I remember correctly, all the early PR for the Crown (before sailing) said the same thing. There was going to be pub food in the Wheelhouse Bar. However, it never happened. They also said that Cafe Caribe would switch from buffet to waited tables for dinner. I don't believe that happened either (but I could be wrong on that since we haven't sailed yet and I haven't read anything one way or the other). Similar changes would be the "free" sanctuary, and I think the Horizon Buffet was originally supposed to be open 24 hours.

Hi Folks and Marilyn too!!!

The Wheelhouse as far as I know does not serve food.

On our Trans Canal on the Coral last May, we organized 2 or 3 CC events between FLL and YVR and you got it...the standard pretzel, peanut, rice chex combo served neatly in large glasses on the tables.

I'm afraid if you want food it's up to the Horizon Court or pizza/burgers/hot dogs etc from the grill in the afternoon.

Ciao for now!!!

I went on the Crown expecting to find the advertised pub food in the Wheelhouse but there wasn’t any. I did ask and nobody who worked on the ship knew anything about it. The best they can offer you are peanuts or some sort of other snack mix with your cocktails.

I've never seen food served in the Wheelhouse bar and have been to the lounge with that name on many different ships. Overall, I really don't like the Wheelhouse: it always seems so very smokey. On the Coral/Island, the smoking section is next to the windows so that if you don't smoke and want to be in there during the day, you have to sit on the side next to the hallway. When they have daytime events there, they have them next to the windows so you have to breathe the smoke. On the Golden, the smoking section was near the bar so that if you wanted to go in to get a drink just to carry it outside, you had to breathe in the smoke. Not my cup of tea.

Hi Folks and Marilyn too!!!

The Wheelhouse as far as I know does not serve food.

On our Trans Canal on the Coral last May, we organized 2 or 3 CC events between FLL and YVR and you got it...the standard pretzel, peanut, rice chex combo served neatly in large glasses on the tables.

I'm afraid if you want food it's up to the Horizon Court or pizza/burgers/hot dogs etc from the grill in the afternoon.

Ciao for now!!!

Ron how in the heck are you. Yes I do remember those glasses filed with that assorts nuts, etc.

marilyn

Archived