Anyone recently got caught smuggling?

debster818

Looks like I have to change my whole plan of bringing vodka in my checked luggage. Was going to put it in water bottles. As for the wine, we planned to pack it in our checked luggage because we are flying and cannot bring it on the plane. Should we take it out of our luggage at the airport and carry it on? Now, hear that we can only bring a bottle each?

And, what about ordering Vodka thru Carnival and having it in our room? How much for a bottle?

You asked about ordering vodka through Carnival. It was $30 (I think it was Grey Goose) when we were on Victory in Jan. '06. Was more expensive than @ home, but still cheaper in the long run, and easier than bringing it in luggage, as we fly in and go directly to the ship.

VODKA:

Smirnoff, Absolute Reg, Vanilla & Citron and Stoli - $40.00

Kettle One, Grey Goose & Velvadeer (name could be with a B) - $60.00

RUM:

Bacardi O, Meyers Dk Rum & Capt. morgans - $40.00

Malibu - $55.00

Bacardi 8 - $60.00

JACK DANIELS - $55.00

WHISKEY:

Canadian Whiskey,Johnny Walker Red,Segram 7 Blk,J & B & Jameson-$38.00

Segram Crown Royal, Chivas Regal - $55.00

These are the only quotes I got. She said you can order up to 1 week before sailing date.

Had two small bottles of Baileys, small bottle of seagrams and a small bottle of captain morgan in the checked luggage on our 3/22 cruise on the elation. We carried on 2 12 packs of soda as well. This cruise I spent the most I have ever spent on alcohol from the ship:o

We're cruising the Valor in 27 days and I plan on smuggling a ton, as usual. I usually put everything in checked luggage, beer, water, wine, etc. But as a public service, I am going to conduct an experiment and carry on a 12 pack of soda and maybe a six-pack of water or gatorade, unwrapped and not in a bag, except maybe a clear shopping bag. I'm sure I won't have a problem, but I'll let you all know how it goes..

about my medical need for special beverages (Splenda sweetened not aspertame sweetened) She sent me a form to fill out and said (1) 12 pack per person would probably be acceptable (up to staff discretion) I was only planning (2) 12 packs for the 4 of us. She also said carry it on. Don't know if this is what is allowed by all or just because of the medical need.

I'll fill out the form and send it in and print up a copy of her email as well in case we have a problem. Better safe than sorry.

That would be a good idea. We are going on Celebration on 4/26 from Jacksonville and I was the person who started this thread. Still don't know if I want to smuggle or not. Do I want embarassment and a slap on the hand or just not smuggle and have no worries. I would like to save a few bucks by making our own vodka and lemonade/fruitpunch when we are in our room or just laying on deck. Do plan on spending much money at the bars at night. If they do find stuff in your checked bags, do they just take it out or do they seek you out?

about my medical need for special beverages (Splenda sweetened not aspertame sweetened) She sent me a form to fill out and said (1) 12 pack per person would probably be acceptable (up to staff discretion) I was only planning (2) 12 packs for the 4 of us. She also said carry it on. Don't know if this is what is allowed by all or just because of the medical need.

I'll fill out the form and send it in and print up a copy of her email as well in case we have a problem. Better safe than sorry.

i've never taken any food or beverages on board except for infant things i needed to bring at that time (no more, thankfully) and leftover snacks from the plane, but it seems to me (from reading the numerous threads about this topic) that no completed forms were needed in the past, so must be definite change:confused:

Guest YesitDonna

We have always smuggled alcohol on without a problem in checked luggage. Water and soda was never an issue to carry on, they allow it along with a couple of bottles of wine.

I'm not going to need one of these forms to carry on baby formula and baby food, am I?

Should I be contacting my PVP?

No. You won't have a problem because Carnival doesn't supply those things. The new "policy" seems to apply to wine, and non-alcoholic beverages only. We'll see what they do and don't enforce. I would think they are going to allow a REASONABLE amount of soda/water... it's when people stroll up with coolers and cases that it gets out of control... and I think this is their way of putting a stop to that.

In response to the new rules Carnival wil now have additional lines to check in similar to arrival lines for customs and foreigners.

Line 1- No contraband in luggage or carry ons. Line 2- taking non- alcoholic beverages on ship. Line 3-Smuggling beer, wine and liquor.

Line 4- I'm taking my chances but there's a $20 in my docs. Line 5-wheelchairs, walkers and strollers.

We are just off Liberty, no problems at all. Tequila also goes well with the Passion Fruit drink they serve in the AM! I saw many others who brought stuff onboard as well.

Did you leave it in the original bottle or put it in like a Listerine bottle or something?

Archived