Ironing ???

Hi,

I am travelling on Serenade of the Seas this Saturday and I was wondering what the policy about ironing is on the ship. Can you bring a travel iron? Is there some place you can iron on board the ship??

Any info would be appreciated...thanks :)

How long is the turn around on clothes sent down for pressing?

Can it be done the same day or does it have to be a couple of days in advance?

I do believe if sent down by like 5 pm, you get it back the next day. But I read here somewhere that you can pay a little more and have it expidited same day service.

Send down the first day everything you need, back the next day by 4 they tell me!!

Whoever told you that is leading you astray. :rolleyes:

Have your dirty clothes picked up by mid-morning, they are back the next evening. As previously stated, good service and priced cheaper than my local dry-cleaner. I take my dry-cleanable clothes dirty in a plastic bag, and have the ship's laundry clean them.

LL

Send down the first day everything you need, back the next day by 4 they tell me!!

That has been our experience on all of our cruises with RCI, give your clothes to the Steward the first evening and everything is back in the closet by 4-5 the next day :D They do a great job and are cheaper than our Dry Cleaners at home :)

###

I do both. Really wrinkled or dressy clothes to the steward and cleaners on the first night, and they are hanging in the cabin the next afternoon before dinner.

I also take a travel STEAMER (doesn't get hot to the touch), and steam my clothes on the hangers as I hang them in the closet.

Of course, I am an ironing NUTSO-FREAK, have an ironing board cupboard in my closet at home, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me..........:D

That has been our experience on all of our cruises with RCI, give your clothes to the Steward the first evening and everything is back in the closet by 4-5 the next day :D They do a great job and are cheaper than our Dry Cleaners at home :)

###

Thanks, I read this stuff everyday, and I know I wasn't hallucinating! Maybe there are times it's not there right at 4, but alot have told me there's was earlier than stated.:)

If you get dry cleaner thickness plastic bags and place one between each layer of clothing you won't have any wrinkles.

Before I knew travel irons were banned I took one but didn't need to use it after I learned the plastic baggy trick.

If you have a Tux or evening clothes just stuff them in the bag and send them to be pressed in time for your formal night.

Archived