Hotel Continental Palacete Barcelona

Hi -

I am looking for room information for the Hotel Continental Palacete in Barcelona. I have requested a quad and they have three rooms available - the room with the Versailles Lounge, the Tribune Room (very pink!) and the Sun Room. Has anyone stayed in any of these rooms? Any thoughts on location and layout? Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

We've booked there for June. I found laods of info on here -do a search for Continental Palacete and also on Trip Advisor - just put hotel name in and there are peoples photos on there as well. loads of info. Beware of the pink!!!!

We're going in Oct. and staying with friends pre-cruise, but I think 9 or 10 couples on our rollcall are staying there. Most found the info on tripadvisor, but several have posted good things about it (including the bit about the pink!)

Hi, Terry!

We are a family of four who stayed in the Tribune room. The Tribune room is the one they show on their website. The room has a fairly large bed for two and they added two cots for our teenage children. While the cots were a bit narrow and were placed end to end in our room, my kids found them to be quite comfortable. With the cots in place, there was little room to walk around the room, but the room had a delightful small area by the window with seating for two that overlooked the street below.

Yes, there is a lot of pink, but the hotel is a quintessential European boutique type. We found the room and bathroom to be absolutely immaculate. We had excellent service throughout our stay. There is a beautiful breakfast room to eat in, or to just relax at any time of day. They have a 24 hr free buffet where you can pick up enough food for a snack or a complete meal. Breakfast foods were excellent. They also had a cooler stocked with bottles of water which we took with us when we went out touring. They also had bottled beer, again at no extra charge. The staff was outstanding in every way.

We highly recommend this hotel and would definately stay there again if visiting Barcelona.

Paul

We'll be checking into the Versailles Suite tomorrow for 2 nights. When we get home, I"ll post a review about the hotel and this room. We will be on a 14 night cruise and won't return home until the middle of May, so I'll post something for you here. In your situation, I'd send them email and ask for the largest room they have. You are able to Book it without a cancellation penalty. This hotel stays fully booked with cruisers.

For now, you should visit my friend's web page as they posted excellent information about the hotel with photos:

http://www.kenandpene.com/The%20Hotel%20Continental%20Palacete

It seems like alot of people like this place. One question that I have, are all the rooms pink? I need to pass this by my buddy. He's not a real "pink" kind of guy however the free buffet and beer might sell it! Also when I go to their web site it looks like there is a hotel continental Barcelona which is a sister hotel to this one. Are they very simular? I wonder why that one never gets mentioned? I'm looking at this hotel and hotel Jazz. Has anyone stayed at both?

Thanks Dave

Reading the different posts regarding this particular hotel, people have referred to inside and outside rooms. Would someone please tell me what this means? I'm imagining that an inside room might overlook an inside courtyard and not the street, and therefore be a quieter location. Is this the case? Are there rooms that are more desirable than others that we should keep in mind should we decide to book in this hotel?

Thanks,

Mary

I'm imagining that an inside room might overlook an inside courtyard and not the street

With Barcelona hotels (we're staying at the Atrium Palace) I've generally considered "outside" to mean street side and "inside" to be on other than street side (ie: facing onto a courtyard or facing onto the buildings at the rear of the hotel)

WE Stayed in the Versailles suite last june.... family of three... very nice, lots of room.....there is a lot of pink/flower paterns.... along with massive chandeliers, high ceilings.... beautiful patio balcony's to sit and people watch... would go back in a heartbeat.....

We enjoyed 2 nights at the Palacete. Great location and so convenient to everything -- plus, it was very quiet.

We stayed in the Versailles Suite. There are two of these. The one we stayed in had twin beds pushed together and was larger than the Suite on the other side, which had Queen Bed in an extremely tiny room. If interested in the Versailles, request the one with twin beds. I was in both and this is the best one.

All about pink? Nah, it wasn't that bad at all. There was floral wallpaper and pink bedspreads -- no big deal. The washcloths/towels/shower curtain were also pink -- still no big deal.

The buffet was adequate for breakfast,lunch, dinner for those who wish to eat on the lighter side. We only ate breakfast there. Cokes, beer, bottled water, wine on tap available...also orange juice and various other soft drinks. It was very nice to have these items available 24/7. Internet worked fine.

The bright light is the hotel staff, who were courteous, helpful, and professional.

We had at least 6 rooms with cruise critic people, all of whom said they loved the hotel and would stay there again.

Taxi rate from airport to hotel was Euro 22 and from hotel to port was 16 Euro. That was 2 people and 4 bags.

I posted this from the Brilliance as we sit in Villefranche and I'll check back on CC when we return home May 14.

Archived