Bus, Ferry, or Taxi from Dock Yard to Sonesta Bridge?

cram33

I am looking to book scuba diving directly with a dive shop. That means they won't pick me up. If I use a dive shop at the Somerset Bridge what would be the quickest and most cost effective commute?

If it becomes too inconvenient, I may book through the ship and pay the extra $$$ to get picked up.

Thanks

You can take either a ferry or a bus to sommerset bridge from the Dockyard. Schedules of both can be found through link to Bermudatourism.com Yoou can also take a cab- distance is not great and the cost would probably still beat the cost of an excusion just for the transportation.

I just checked - there is a ferry from Dockyard at 6:55 that arrives at the bridge at 7:40- a little early but a later one won't work. There are several buses. To the town of somerset is estimated at aproximately 9 minutes the somerset bridge is a lttle further along and Hamilton is estimated at 62 minutes. My guess is that if you left 30 minutes you'd have plenty of time. There is a 7:30 bus on route 8 that would work just fine.
However, if you are going to be carrying alot of gear you might have problems gettin on the bus- they don't allow luggage, and it will be rush hour.
As to cost- we always by a multi day pass- runs around 30 and is good on buses or ferries. On the site is a link to cab companies if you want to check out what that fare would be.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I found. The bus would be great, but my gear kills that thought. I think a cab ride would be about $20 round trip with tip. So if the 2 tank dive is $85 and $105 with transportation, I should pay the $114 through the ship for the added convenience of being picked up at the dock by the dive center.

Archived