Formal Wear in the Supper Club?

curiousl8y

On a recent thread someone mentioned that their PVP had told them that formal wear was required in the Supper Club on Formal Nights.

Can anyone give me a link for that? I've been all over the Carnival website, and for the life of me I couldn't find anything like that.

We were planning on making reservations in the Supper Club on one of the formal nights precisely so we could have a nice dinner in a nice restaurant without having to dress in "formal" wear.

Not trying to start another debate here, folks, just asking for something more concrete than "My PVP told me". :D

Linda

On a recent thread someone mentioned that their PVP had told them that formal wear was required in the Supper Club on Formal Nights.

Linda

I would think so since its also formal night down in the Dining Room, only place thats is ok to wear Jeans and Shorts is the Bistro on Lido Deck

Theres no Link stating the actual wear in the Supper Club, its a fine restaurant and people normal dress up there on Formal Nights.

Fred

Formal wear is not required it says elegant casual.. While we where at the Golden Fleece on the Legend someone showed up with an hawaiian print shirt..

If they say Elegant Casual, thats cool with me, I need to find my hawaiian shirts :D

Fred

I would check with the Supper Club when you get on board. I looked at the Valor's Capers (Western) from last week or the one before on a different thread and on Formal Night it said "Formal Attire is Required".....so it may vary from ship to ship, although it shouldn't.

I also believe that their "Elegant Casual" suggests a coat or blazer for men, but some ignore that.

ok elegant casual just so you know...but i'm from a big city ...

DOES NOT MEAN WEAR A HAWAIIAN PRINT SHIRT.. SERIOUSLY.

Plus I think people from a small town will tell you that as well ..

My point in stating that was saying it was not formal attire.. I have checked all my capers from my cruise 2 weeks ago on the Legend and it states Elegantly Casual for the supper club even on formal nights.. again it is up to those people going there to wear the proper attire.. I reported what I saw

but i'm from a big city ...

DOES NOT MEAN WEAR A HAWAIIAN PRINT SHIRT.. SERIOUSLY. >>>>

I guess you haven't seen the Tommy Bahama line then :)

It is elegantly casual. and oh yeah, the shirts have flowers on them...lol

of course a really nice pair of black dress pants and jacket with a white tshirt is elegantly casual also. No not fruit of loom...lol

the look of elegant casual is not only the clothing but the accessories. they need to be luxurious.

Folks, it's a supper club. It's upscale. On any casual night a jacket would be appropriate. On formal night fromal dress would be the norm. It's not a step down from the dining room; it's a step up. It's not Outback or Fridays. Think Four Seasons (on a smaller more intimate scale) or other elegant dining venue.

Can anyone give me a link for that? I've been all over the Carnival website, and for the life of me I couldn't find anything like that.

We were planning on making reservations in the Supper Club on one of the formal nights precisely so we could have a nice dinner in a nice restaurant without having to dress in "formal" wear.

Not trying to start another debate here, folks, just asking for something more concrete than "My PVP told me". :D

Linda

They are COMPLETELY WRONG. We've been to the supper club on all of the Conquest class ships built so far (except Freedom - this summer). I have never seen anyone in formal wear. Some prefer to dress up slightly, some stay "casual elegant", and I've even seen few slobs.

BnB

They are COMPLETELY WRONG. We've been to the supper club on all of the Conquest class ships built so far (except Freedom - this summer). I have never seen anyone in formal wear. Some prefer to dress up slightly, some stay "casual elegant", and I've even seen few slobs.

BnB

Well I don't see how I can be COMPLETELY WRONG, since several people have posted that their cruise capers stated it (I have seen it there as well on most of my cruises), as well as my PVP whom I asked this week after the latest... bumpkin formal thread....

... btw just how many of those threads have been posted???

Well I don't see how I can be COMPLETELY WRONG, since several people have posted that their cruise capers stated it (I have seen it there as well on most of my cruises), as well as my PVP whom I asked this week after the latest... bumpkin formal thread....

... btw just how many of those threads have been posted???

I would suggest reading your capers for the day you plan to attend the supper club.. it does seem to vary from ship to ship regarding attire on Formal Night. Maybe the OP didn't attend the supper club on formal nights therefore did not see anyone in formal attire.

As I previously posted on the Legend formal nights at the supper club attire was Elegantly Casual as were any other night.

I can't seem to find my capers from the Conquest to verify what they said.

My point in stating that was saying it was not formal attire.. I have checked all my capers from my cruise 2 weeks ago on the Legend and it states Elegantly Casual for the supper club even on formal nights.. again it is up to those people going there to wear the proper attire.. I reported what I saw

Thanks All, for taking the time to look in your Capers!

We plan on dressing up* for the Supper Club, we just don't want to pack "formal" clothes.

* = not jeans or aloha shirts :D

Linda

Attire in the supper club is usually the same as the dining room... all the capers I have seen, on formal night the dress is the same in the supper club. My capers from the Conquest in October on formal night state "jackets required tonight" they don't state that on any other night.

Wenn -

Sorry... no Buffet impressions for you today. Get out the suit... get it out now and put it in the garmet bag, else I may have to call the DW and have her burn anything with a hybiscus(sp?) on it.

Wenn -

Sorry... no Buffet impressions for you today. Get out the suit... get it out now and put it in the garmet bag, else I may have to call the DW and have her burn anything with a hybiscus(sp?) on it.

That reminds me, 1 week to go and Im on the Spirit, suit has to go into the cleaners tomorrow :D

Fred

That reminds me, 1 week to go and Im on the Spirit, suit has to go into the cleaners tomorrow :D

Fred

Have fun... I still have 7 weeks to go before we head to San Juan...

I keep hearing horror stories of San Juan and the Skipper's Club. SJU is one of the ports we haven't visited yet.

We decided to get a suite this time around.

On the cruises I've been on that have a supper club, it's always been listed "Formal" on Formal nights. I initially thought it was formal every night, and found it was not true on my sailings on non fomal night.

For those ships that list the dress as elegant casual, just remember that includes a jacket for the guys:

Elegant Casual

This "elegant" level for men and women still includes the jacket. A blazer or sport coat for men is worn with a shirt (with or without a tie) or a sweater, and dress pants of wool, linen, silk, or blends. The suit, matched or unmatched, or pantsuit for women is worn with a sweater, blouse, knit top, or silk T. The message this level of clothing delivers is that the wearer is professional, organized and shows attention to detail.

Have fun... I still have 7 weeks to go before we head to San Juan...

I keep hearing horror stories of San Juan and the Skipper's Club. SJU is one of the ports we haven't visited yet.

We decided to get a suite this time around.

We will finally hit San Juan next April on the Freedom, what sucks is you arrive late around 6pm. I won't have time to go see my relatives in Humacao, oh well.

Fred

Archived