If you plan to use the beach at the pier...

DM

Bring water shoes!!! There were lots of rocks to walk over to get into the water. Anyone who had water shoes had no problem getting into the water. For the rest of us, it was a painful experience. Once in, the water was very nice. The entire area was beautiful, I just don't understand why, with all the improvements that were made at this port, water access was not thought about.

We were there last week. There were several "No Swimming" signs posted but the workers told everyone that only applies to the days that the water is rough. Since the water was calm, they encouraged people to swim. There were ALOT of people in the water. Probably because once you walked barefoot over the rocks, you were not anxious to make that painful walk back so you stayed in the water!

Wendy - we snorkeled there. There was not a lot to see but we enjoyed ourselves and saw some things that we had not seen before. Entry and exit to the water is not easy though. I wore water shoes and I still had trouble. I hope this helps!

Archived