Internet Prices

scohan

Does anyone know the price for having a laptop in a suite on the pearl for 9 days. My laptop is not Wifi.

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Most of the rooms on the newer ships have direct connects. Make sure you have a LAN cable with you, even if you use WIFI.

WIFI cards are sometimes available for rent, or you can buy one for maybe $30 these days, cheap at walmart, office depot, etc. Make sure it works before leaving home.

As mentioned earlier, the cost is per minute of AIRTIME. You can use the PC all day at no cost if not connected to the internet.

I was reading the dailies from one of the Hawaiian NCL ships recently (but not the one I'll be on. We're sailing on the Wind's last voyage, April 14th) and saw that they offered a deal on the internet at one point. This is what the advertisement said:

It's happy hour! Receive 50% off Internet Time Charges. Log in today between 4 - 6 pm and give the internet manager, Heather, your stateroom number to take advantage of this special offer for pay-as-you go and existing time plan users. Internet manager is available during the times listed below: 8 - 10 am, 4 - 6 pm, 8 - 10 pm.

I don't understand. Does that mean that you receive only 50% off during that 2 hr period? Or do you get 50% off of whatever plan you have? (as in, 50% off of $55 if I choose the 100 min plan) Anybody know?

Liz

Just off the Dawn and the specials they ran was if you bought the larger package at $100- on embarkation day you get 30 minutes free.

Latitudes member you got another 20 minutes free and if you bought a shore excursion thats another 20 minutes free.

They did combine all the promotions for me and I ended up with 70 free minutes. BUT you have to get the internet manager to add them to your account, so watch for his hours. They will be posted. :)

Also, if you din't sign up before your 50% off, there is a setup charge to go along with the 50% off. About $2.00 or so.:)

almost correct. theres actually a $3.95 "set-up" charge for any plan ( or no plan) including discount plan with your very first sign-on.

Archived