Sandals in the diningroom?

fivefirsts

Are men's leather sandlals (not flip flops) appropriate for the dining room? Not sure if this falls into the resort casual dress code. My DH lives in his sandals all summer and doesn't want to pack dress shoes and socks if he doesn't have too. Thanks.

As long as they are "really nice" sandals, and you wear them with your "really dressy" jeans, and you wear your best ever T-shirt, I suppose it's OK.

Now no one said anything about the formal optional evenings. OP just wanted answers for the regular "come as you are" evenings and sandles are every bit as good a Crocs so go for it.

Now no one said anything about the formal optional evenings. OP just wanted answers for the regular "come as you are" evenings and sandles are every bit as good a Crocs so go for it.

I disagree with your comment. Crocs are not acceptable. Leather sandals are acceptable. They're acceptable any evening in any dining room, standard or deluxe.

I disagree with your comment. Crocs are not acceptable. Leather sandals are acceptable. They're acceptable any evening in any dining room, standard or deluxe.

It's Freestyle come as you are and I think a pair of hot pink or hot green crocs really set off that pair of jeans to a "T" no pun intended.

NCL is Freestyle dress: Resort Casual is perfectly acceptable EVERY NIGHT in EVERY DINING ROOM. Resort Casual simply means no shorts, t-shirts or swimwear in the dining rooms. Sandals are perfectly acceptable under those guidelines. Although I don't personally like crocs, they too would fit under the dress code.

I wish people who don't like NCL's dress code would stop trying to scare new cruisers into conforming to what they believe the dress code should be.

New Cruisers: Feel free to dress in resort casual every night. You won't be out of place at all. Be comfortable!

After all of the "jeans in the dining room" and "croc" debates on this forum.. I REALLY payed attention to what people were wearing last week to dinner in the restaurants on the Spirit. From what people were posting, I was prepared for backwards baseball caps, ripped jeans and "I'm with Stupid" t-shirts.. but I was pleasantly surprised that, with very few exceptions, nearly everyone was dressed very nicely in the dining rooms.

The first night, we did see a few people in jeans... but rarely there after. On the first formal night, the majority of people were quite dressed up. We saw everything from cocktail dresses to gowns for the women, and mainly suits and ties-- with a few tuxes for the men. We saw NO JEANS that night.. none. The second formal night was a bit less formal. We saw no tuxes, and although a lot of men wore their suits and ties, many opted for a button down shirt. The women were also less dressed up than the first formal night.

After that, most people wore "resort casual"-- which was dressy pants or a nice skirt with a pretty blouse or a sundress for the women, and khaki or dress pants and a button down shirt (we saw a lot of Hawaiian shirts) for the men.

We saw three sets of crocs the entire trip.. and yes, I was looking due to these debates. They were on three children-- two at the pool, and one at the buffet. I did not see a single pair of crocs on an adult. There may have been, but I didn't see them.

You're certainly allowed to wear crocs at dinner at the restaurants if you like, but just know that you will probably be the only one. I'm not passing judgements in this post.. just reporting what I saw.

Archived