Dunns Falls and Dolphins, Ocho Rio,Jamaica????

We did the falls a few years ago and enjoyed the afternoon there...Your not rushed and there are lots of trees to sit under if you want shade and just relax...The falls are fun to climb but depending on how old the kids are would determine whether you could do the climb...The water is pretty swift and real little person might have trouble...But if you can, climbing the falls is a hoot...

Beware after the falls when your leaving...You have to go through an area of high pressure sales...Souviners (dust collectors to remember your day at the falls)....Play dumb, tell them you dont speak english...hehehe

We did the Falls/Swim two years ago. The climb was harder on the adults but not the kids. I was struggling a bit and one of the guides offered to assist me off the falls, but I stayed and completed the climb. It was nice to know that you could leave the climb at any time.

The dophlin swim was great. We just did a dolphin swim in Discovery Cove in Orlando and I rewatched our swim in Jamacia and while I enjoyed both, the swim in Jacamia was a bit better. There was more interaction with the Dophlin and you were in the ocean verses a man made pool.

Our kids still talk about the swim.....the Dolphin encounter in Jamacia is almost the same as Discovery Cove, ( minus the part where the dolphin pulled you in the water).

Alex

We did the Falls last year with an 11 and an 8 year old. They both loved it. The guides would drop them down little slides in the water. We didn't think the straw market was bad. We were worried and had heard lots of bad things. We actually got the kids involved. They would tell the people they only had x number of dollars to spend. The kids also really enjoyed learning about the Jamaician money and the locals seemed to really enjoy talking with the kids and exchanging coins. The locals would go to each others booths in search of as many different coins as they could find. They kids each got handfuls. We didn't know what they were worth, but they seemed happy when we handed them 2 dollars. Go with any open mind and have fun!

Archived