Civitavecchia stay

We are sailing out of Civitavecchia in Nov. & will arrive Rome the day before.

We have been to Rome several times & are considering going directly to Civitavecchia from the airport & spending the night there. Has any one done this & if so can you recommend a hotel & advise about transfers from the airport & to the ship.

We are sailing out of Civitavecchia in Nov. & will arrive Rome the day before.

We have been to Rome several times & are considering going directly to Civitavecchia from the airport & spending the night there. Has any one done this & if so can you recommend a hotel & advise about transfers from the airport & to the ship.

Do a search on this board as this question has been asked and replied to from people who are or have stayed in the port area,and there are quite a few replies.

am doing the same thing for my September cruise. I booked a night at the Hotel Traiano. The hotel has pretty good reviews and they will pick you up at the airport for a reasonable fee. Nothing fancy, but clean and breakfast included.

http://www.hoteltraiano.com/ing/index.php

Thanks for the information. I will check it out.

Do a search on this board as this question has been asked and replied to from people who are or have stayed in the port area,and there are quite a few replies.

Thank you. I did as you suggested & found several helpful posts.

Fblack wrote:

The hotel has pretty good reviews and they will pick you up at the airport for a reasonable fee.

Have you actually organised your pick-up yet? If so, how much did he quote? We are booked in Hotel Traiano in October but I haven't contacted him yet about airport pick-up.

Hi There!

We stayed in the Hotel Mediterraneo in Civitavecchia twice and already have reservations for September 07. The hotel isn't fancy but is very clean and quiet with a good breakfast. The staff is friendly and speaks good English. Another good thing - they have an elevator. The Roses hotel company has two hotels here which are very close to each other. A taxi to the pier is approx. 20-25 Euro but should be reserved the night before as there are not many taxis. There is also a free shuttle bus to the ships but this is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Civitavecchia has quite a long history and a beautiful fort - very nice to walk around. We found it very quiet at night = a good night's rest before the cruise!!

Hope it helps.:)

Monica

www.roseshotels.it/english/thehotels.php

PS they even have a big McDonalds!!

The Hotel Mediterraneo is directly across the street from the beach - a beautiful scene to wake up to - palm trees, blue sky & ocean.;)

The beautiful drive from Rome airport (Fiumicino) to Civitavecchia is about 50 minutes and mostly along the coast. We used www.airportconnection.it - they were very reliable and had nice & clean vehicles.

Monica

I&MsMom:

Please give me a short critique of the Hotel Traiano after your stay. I am not looking for anything fancy, just nice clean accommodations. I am having them pick me up at the airport too. Allesandro said he will take guests to the ship if his van is not being used for an airport pickup.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Yes I'm back...it was a wonderful cruise.

The Hotel Traiano was really very nice - not 5 star and luxe, but neat and clean. We had a suite, which consisted of a large room, with a pull out couch, a full size refrigerator, murphy kitchen and tv. There were also two bedrooms and a bath off this large room. One bedroom had a queen size bed and tv, and the other had a twin bed and (relatively new and modern) crib. The bath had a shower only, but it was fine. All but the queen size bedroom had direct access to a wide terrace. We were on the top floor.

Breakfast was one of the more plentiful we saw on our trip. Lots of variety to choose from.

The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to the port, but arrange this the night before. We were on the 10:30 am trip, and it was perfect. We had no wait, and were on board by 11-ish. Those arriving a bit later had to take seats and wait to be called in groups, and they waited an hour and more to board.

There are two small grocery stores within a couple of blocks of the hotel. Go out the front door and go down the street just to your left. There is one on each side of that street.

HTH, and I hope you all enjoy your cruise!

Fblack wrote:

Have you actually organised your pick-up yet? If so, how much did he quote? We are booked in Hotel Traiano in October but I haven't contacted him yet about airport pick-up.

We have reservations for next April and were quoted €100 for four of us. I believe it's €85 for two. We're going in the day before the cruise since we didn't want to face Rome as jet-lagged tourists. We will go to Rome after the cruise.

Kate

Just to clarify... We were quoted €100 for four for the hotel shuttle from the airport. The rooms are €100 each for a suite. All in all a pretty good deal for what appears to be a nice, clean place to spend a night before our cruise.

Kate :o

I am paying 85 Euros for a double room with breakfast for two people, and another 85 Euros to pick us both up at the airport. Here is clip from their e-mail:

"We are confirming your reservation for a Double Classic Type Room (two beds), rate 85,00 euro including breakfast and taxes and free transportation to cruise ship on September 25, 2007.

Also we are confirming our shuttle service on 24 SEP. , 2007 at FCO airport Flight American Airlines 7.15 am , total cost of 85,00 euro.

A representative of ours will be waiting for you at the exit gate of your flight holding a sign with your name: you will have just to look around to find him."

Stayed in the Hotel Traiano the night before our cruise (May 13, 2007) and the night after (May 21, 2007). It is a great hotel. Absolutely immaculate, quiet rooms, large rooms and good breakfast. The owners and staff are delightful. The shuttle service to and from the port is very helpful. We also used their shuttle to and from the airport (pricey but more convenient than taking a train to Rome and then back out to the airport). I highly recommend this hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
Stayed in the Hotel Traiano the night before our cruise (May 13, 2007) and the night after (May 21, 2007). It is a great hotel. Absolutely immaculate, quiet rooms, large rooms and good breakfast. The owners and staff are delightful. The shuttle service to and from the port is very helpful. We also used their shuttle to and from the airport (pricey but more convenient than taking a train to Rome and then back out to the airport). I highly recommend this hotel.

I realise its more pricey than the train, but compared to other transfer services its relatively cheap. I know I won't be up for a train trip after a 23 hour flight. Was it a comfortable vehicle and what did he drive like? I know some of those Italian drivers are crazy. Also did you find anything of interest in and around Civitavecchia?

Archived