Dining on Diamond Questions

ModestMeans

Help please -- have a ton of questions for you experienced Princess cruisers:

1. Do the PC/Anytime restaurants' menus change from day to day? (Saw some posted on Patters & Menus site and was struck by how limited they were)
2. I think I read that a different PC restaurant menu is offered to traditional diners each night -- is this accurate?
3. Do PC diners have the option of ordering from that night's traditional menu?
4. Generally, what type of food is offered in HC at lunch/dinner?
5. Generally, what type of food is offered in late night Bistro?
6. Is there anywhere to get burgers and pizza after the poolside grills close in early evening?

Thanks,

Jim

[quote name='ModestMeans']Help please -- have a ton of questions for you experienced Princess cruisers:

1. Do the PC/Anytime restaurants' menus change from day to day? (Saw some posted on Patters & Menus site and was struck by how limited they were)
2. I think I read that a different PC restaurant menu is offered to traditional diners each night -- is this accurate?
3. Do PC diners have the option of ordering from that night's traditional menu?
4. Generally, what type of food is offered in HC at lunch/dinner?
5. Generally, what type of food is offered in late night Bistro?
6. Is there anywhere to get burgers and pizza after the poolside grills close in early evening?

Thanks,

Jim[/QUOTE][color=black][b]1. No, they stay the same.[/b][/color]
[color=black][b]2. Yes 4 nights of the week each one is offerered.[/b][/color]
[color=black][b]3. Yes tradtional menu is offered in PC rooms in addition to the PC menu.[/b][/color]
[color=black][b]4. Same as traditional more or less, Princess fare.[/b][/color]
[color=black][b]5. Bistro is steak, seafood, salad.[/b][/color]
[color=black][b]6. No pizza after the grills close. [/b][/color]:(

[quote name='ModestMeans']1. Do the PC/Anytime restaurants' menus change from day to day?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='ModestMeans']2. I think I read that a different PC restaurant menu is offered to traditional diners each night -- is this accurate?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='ModestMeans']3. Do PC diners have the option of ordering from that night's traditional menu?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Essentially, you can order from 2 menus no matter where you eat.

[quote name='ModestMeans']4. Generally, what type of food is offered in HC at lunch/dinner?[/QUOTE]

You can probably find the food items listed in the dining room menus in the HC buffet. The buffet there is probably better than Sizzler's buffet, but not as good as the Easter buffet at Ritz Carleton. I like to eat lots of fruits after each meal, so the HC is rather good if you like fruits. But I eat all my meals in the dining rooms. You paid for the service already, you might as well use it. At the HC, you'll find lots of salad items, fruits, dessert in small portions, a meat, a seafood, and a poultry and many vegetables and starch side dishes.

[quote name='ModestMeans']5. Generally, what type of food is offered in late night Bistro?[/QUOTE]

You'll find lots of leftover food from the dinner menus. I found 2 big shrimp cocktail fountains at the late night bistro once.

[quote name='ModestMeans']6. Is there anywhere to get burgers and pizza after the poolside grills close in early evening?[/QUOTE]

Order room service.
-------------

I've read lots of negative comments about the food on board, but I really can't imagine any bad food on any Princess cruises.

I think the food served in the Diamond dining rooms are at par with any 3* (or maybe even 4*) restaurants in Los Angeles. I think whether something tastes good is rather a subjective one. All I can say is if you don't like something, just order something else off the menu. The waiters on staff are all there to please you.

Have fun and enjoy all the food served on board.

Archived