? regarding Serenity Tours

rosejazz

Is there a refund if their tours get rained out.

I am booked with them for May this year. WHen you book they take your credit card #'s to hold the reservation but they do not charge unless you are a no show. You have the option on spot to have them charge your card or pay cash. If your ship does not stop b/c of weather you are not charged but I think you could still do the tour in the rain...minus the beach stop.

Just got back from our cruise where we took a tour with Serenity on St. Lucia. John was our guide and he did a fabulous job making sure all our requests were granted. We chose a private tour ( there were four of us) and he made every effort to get to all the places I wanted to see. We even had him take us to Jalouise Plantation resort between the Pitons, which was absolutely breathtaking. We sampled much of the St. Lucian culture that day while having a marvelous time snacking on Caroline's homemade goodies, and plenty of Piton beer and punch! It was definatley worth the money and I feel Serenity went over and above making sure we had a great time. I think adults and kids alike would enjoy this tour!

Just got a phone call from John :). Our friends Tom and Jodie who we did are tour with in St Lucia back in 2006 are there now so they gave me a call, From the sounds of it they were having a blast made me wish i was there.

We did a tour with Serenity in early March and had a fantastic time. Our guide was Maurice and he was excellent. If I have a choice next time we go, I'll definitely ask for him again.

Aren't those fish cakes great? Loved the sauce they use with them as well....

• 2 weeks later...
If you have done a Serenity Tour, can you please let me know which ones you recommend?

Initially we were looking at the Land and Beach Break at $45.00 per person...but now I see there are 2 others (not the Vaule Package) that include land, lunch, catamaran (Price 95.00-125.00 per person). I am traveling with DH and DS 16 and 13. Looking for something more than hanging at the beach. As nice as a beach and a book sound to me, the kids will grow bored pretty quickly. We all love sailing on catamarans and being able to do some snorkeling.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Rose

We had a group of 20-25 adults & children on the private day sail (catamaran) and included lunch for $65/person.

I dealt with Caroline (& John by email) -- smoothest transaction by phone & email. No money exchange until the day of the sail -- actually following our last swim. The Serenity staff met us at the ship & excorted us to the Catamaran & guaranteed we'd be back to the ship in plenty of time to cruise (& we were without any "rush"). One of our best days of the 7-day cruise --- Will definitely return to Serenity again!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DH & I will be in ST. Lucia in September for a wedding at one of the Sandals resorts. Since we're also cruisers, have always gone with the recommendations of people on CC for island tours, etc...Does Serenity do tours from the hotel? I think it will just be DH & I. The private tour sounds really good. I'm trying to decide between Serenity & Spencer Ambrose. Thanks in advance.

Yes they do tours from hotels they work with alot of the resorts to provide tours and lodging for people doing land based stays just give them a call and for those on cruise ships they know what time your ship leaves and have you back on time

I've never posted anything before but I felt I must tell about my great experience with Serenity.

We booked the Calypso Rhythm Tour the first week of July of this year. This was a horseback riding tour where you rode along the Atlantic Coast of St. Lucia. The ride was excellent-breathtaking views of the Atlantic from the top of cliffs (this was a little hairy!) and a ride along the beach with a beach break and a really good lunch. My daughters were even able to ride the horses into the water. Serenity did a great job-met us on the pier exactly on time and the tour went seamlessly. A fairly long ride from the pier to the Atlantic side of the island but the taxi driver was entertaining-very friendly and informative. Plenty to see both good (banana plantations, etc) and bad (there is a lot of poverty on the island).

BUT WAIT!!! This is the best part of the story. My daughter left a silver case with her and my other daughter's driving licenses, ship cards and $40 cash in the taxi (she thought) on the way back. We had done some shopping after getting back to the pier so the taxi had already left. After we got back on board the ship (not as hard as you would think after losing ship cards) I called Serenity and asked if they could please let the taxi driver know we had lost the case. The ship was leaving port so there was no chance to get it back before we pulled away. I never really thought we had any chance of its return. After we returned home, I got a call from John at Serenity who said the driver had turned in the case and he was mailing it to us. A week went by and we hadn't received it-still figured we'd never get it. John called unsolicited to see if we had gotten it. He was upset after we told him we hadn't. To my surprise, it finally arrived about a week later with everything in it INCLUDING THE CASH!! John did everything at his own expense-the calls and the mailing which cost $12.00. If this doesn't tell you about the caliber of people at Serenity than you can't be convinced. They were incredilby accomodating and friendly from our first call inquiring about their tours to the actual execution of the tour to returning our lost belongings. Gives you a little faith in the world!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions regarding Serenity's Island Tour. If I do not wear a swimsuit or go into the water, will I feel out of place? Do you have to get into a small boat to access the beach as you do on Cosol's tour?

I appreciate any feedback.

I have a few questions regarding Serenity's Island Tour. If I do not wear a swimsuit or go into the water, will I feel out of place? Do you have to get into a small boat to access the beach as you do on Cosol's tour?

I appreciate any feedback.

If you are booking private the choice is yours between the beach and rum distillery. You can scrap out what ever you are not interested in. If you are doing the regular tour then you may have to do the beach but if you're not a beach (swimsuit) person you can just take a book and relax on a beach chair until it's time to depart.

• 5 weeks later...
Like others I find it a little tacky trying to choose. Many of the tours seem to have similar sites in a combination. I don't see the logic of that at all??

Jaytee, most tour operators do the highlights of the island like Marigot Bay, Banana Plantation, Waterfall and Volcano. What makes the difference is how knowledgeable, friendly and the service we as cruise passengers receive during the few hours we are on the islands.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the poster above. We email several operators and Caroline responded within minutes by phone followed by a detailed email. Some operators give me generic type responses and I did not find that professional at all, Expectations were high and St Lucia was our cruise highlight. The toll free number and the banner adverts at the top on the CC pages helped.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm biting the bullet and just booked the Rocket Adventure for 2 weeks from today for my family of 4; me, husband and sons (24 & 21). We're all excited and I'll report back and let you know if it was worth the money. This is the 1 stop on our cruise that I planned something. All others we'll just "wing it".

Holy moly! I emailed them last weekend and didn't get a response. ?? . From comments here, they sound very reliable, so I emailed them again tonight. Then went back to the website (we were interested in a private tour), and saw the price has almost doubled since last weekend! So, if that is the case, that will be too much for us. :( It sure sounds wonderful, though!

Holy moly! I emailed them last weekend and didn't get a response. ?? . From comments here, they sound very reliable, so I emailed them again tonight. Then went back to the website (we were interested in a private tour), and saw the price has almost doubled since last weekend! So, if that is the case, that will be too much for us. :( It sure sounds wonderful, though!

Please call because the price I was quoted for the 4 of us is less than what's on the website. I leave 1 week from today and can't wait. We'll be in St. Lucia on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. What a vacation!

Archived