Excursion with Island Marketing???

robgray

Has anyone used Island Marketing Ltd.....Jamaican Cruise Excursions? I found their website and it sounds great but I am curious about what everyone else thinks. I know that it is one thing to read reviews on their website....but hearing about it from people who have used it is much more..."real". I would love to hear any feedback about this excursion company.

Thanks!

Rob

I asked around prior to booking and found some favorable reviews. They've been prompt and professional in answering emails/questions thus far. We sail in 3 weeks, so I can let you know then! :D Otherwise, just do a search in the "ports of call" general section for Island marketing, and see what comes up. Hope that helps!

I asked around prior to booking and found some favorable reviews. They've been prompt and professional in answering emails/questions thus far. We sail in 3 weeks, so I can let you know then! :D Otherwise, just do a search in the "ports of call" general section for Island marketing, and see what comes up. Hope that helps!

Awesome.....is there an Excursion Company that you would recommend more so than the others? Any that stand out a bit more?

Hi robgray. We have booked the Dunn's Falls/River Tubing Excursion with Island Marketing in Ocho Rios in July. Had similar questions. Here is one link that we found. Seems that a lot of people have used them in Grand Caymen and Cozumel, but have not read as many reviews for Ocho Rios. I will let you know if I find any more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=528804

Hi robgray. We have booked the Dunn's Falls/River Tubing Excursion with Island Marketing in Ocho Rios in July. Had similar questions. Here is one link that we found. Seems that a lot of people have used them in Grand Caymen and Cozumel, but have not read as many reviews for Ocho Rios. I will let you know if I find any more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=528804

AWESOME!!!!! We are using them in Grand Cayman as well. I am very please with everything that has been said thus far and have not heard anything bad about them. I am sure that we have made the right choice in our excursion company!

We used them last year to do the zip line/ATV excursion, it was GREAT. There were only two zip lines but Mr. Evans (owner of the site) was a wonderful host as was his wife, and the meal they prepared in their home was awesome. I couldn't recommend this company more. The year before, we used Island Marketing for an excursion in Mexico that we missed due to a hurricane, our deposit was refunded by the time we got home, we never even had to ask!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We just used them for the falls/tubing combo over Easter week and they were excellent. Our driver's name was Denton and he was VERY knowledgable about the island. He took us immediately to Dunn's River to do the falls climb and we were the first group there. Once we were done, we had a bit of time to kill before the morning session of the tubing was done so he drove us up to Fern Gulley and gave us a brief driving tour. I would HIGHLY recommend Native Way for their tours in Ocho Rios.

Is Island Marketing and Nativeway the same company?

Oops...no they're not. I accidentally wrote Native Way instead of Island Marketing on the last line of my response. I got a little confused since we used Native Way in Grand Cayman.

Bigdaddyshoo,

Thanks for the update. We've been told our driver is a Mr. Pendergast. Not sure Denton is his first name? Good to hear you got to the Falls first - that is what we would like to do. We were also hoping to snap a few photos of Fern Gulley too - so that sounds good.

Were you able to get a photo of the ship from on top of Fern Gulley? Did you use a guide at DRF or go up the falls solo? Safe to leave stuff in van with Denton?

Thanks! :)

Bigdaddyshoo,

Thanks for the update. We've been told our driver is a Mr. Pendergast. Not sure Denton is his first name? Good to hear you got to the Falls first - that is what we would like to do. We were also hoping to snap a few photos of Fern Gulley too - so that sounds good.

Were you able to get a photo of the ship from on top of Fern Gulley? Did you use a guide at DRF or go up the falls solo? Safe to leave stuff in van with Denton?

Thanks! :)

The drive up to Fern Gulley was through an old riverbank that was converted to a fairly steep & windy road. The old riverbank, coupled with the hill it's on, made it nearly impossible to get a good view of the island since we were always in a valley-type situation from the road. Keep in mind that the only reason we were even given the driving tour was because we were waiting for the guys at the tubing area to bring all the equipment back upriver. You're going to enjoy the tubing....it's a lot of fun but make sure you bring real water shoes or old sneakers. It is a real river and all and you'll need to kick off the side of the riverbank every now and then. Since there are trees, roots and small rock formations everywhere, I wouldn't want to trust using just water socks or going barefoot.

As for DRF, we did use a guide. Our group consisted of 15 people (2 families with young children, ages 6-12, and my wife and I). Since we were the first group to start climbing, we got some great pictures and were able to stop along the climb and do some pretty cool stuff like using a small naturally-made water slide. I'm sure that if it was more packed at the time, we wouldn't have been able to do this.

All the while, Denton stayed with the van and no one in our group gave leaving our stuff with him a second thought. He was very professional and really knew his stuff.

Thanks for sharing your experiences bigdaddyshoo! We are a family of five with three restless boys 8, 12, 15. They are like monkeys, so I am sure they will scale the Falls in no time. We bought some cheap canvas sneakers at Walmart for DRF and tubing. On the tubing adventure, they are really looking forward to jumping off the riverbank and swinging on ropes into the water. I got a cheap waterproof camera to take along for the ride. Did you have time for Margaritaville after the tubing?

Thanks for sharing your experiences bigdaddyshoo! We are a family of five with three restless boys 8, 12, 15. They are like monkeys, so I am sure they will scale the Falls in no time. We bought some cheap canvas sneakers at Walmart for DRF and tubing. On the tubing adventure, they are really looking forward to jumping off the riverbank and swinging on ropes into the water. I got a cheap waterproof camera to take along for the ride. Did you have time for Margaritaville after the tubing?

Jumping off the 20-foot cliff was definitely a highlight of the excursion. In our group there was a 7yo girl that jumped. And Yes, you'll have time for Margaritaville. After tubing, you'll be dropped off at the shopping plaza located about a half-mile from the pier. Margaritaville is in that plaza.

Has anyone used Island Marketing Ltd.....Jamaican Cruise Excursions? I found their website and it sounds great but I am curious about what everyone else thinks. I know that it is one thing to read reviews on their website....but hearing about it from people who have used it is much more..."real". I would love to hear any feedback about this excursion company.

Thanks!

Rob

We used Island Marketing for our Nachi Cocom Beach Break excursion in Cozumel on 4/27/07. Found them to be very professional, and everything was exactly as promised. I have no experience with their Jamaica tours, however.

Archived