Just Back From Sensation

canesfan1

Did the crew seem a bit ... unenthusiastic? We sailed the Sensation last Sept and although we didn't run into any rude crew, most didn't seem jubilant. We did find quite a few to be new to the crew/ship, but weren't sure if this was the reason or if we just hit a cruise were most were at the end of their contracts and ready for some time off.

Just wondering.

Yes, they did seem unenthusiastic. I really thought the whole cruise pretty much sucked to be quite honest. That was my fourth Carnival cruise and I think I'm done with Carnival, at least for a while. We are a family of four, and we are not picky by any means, but the food really was bad and the service overall was bad too. Our room steward , however, was absolutely fantastic, and we tipped him well. I guess we just picked the wrong cruise or we were just cursed or something. Kind of a bummer.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your cruise, 'cause most recent Sensation folks have posted good reviews. I'll be on her Nov.1, and I'm looking for a great cruise. Never been disappointed w/Carnival yet. Sometimes, it's all in a person's attitude. I can always find something good in any situation.

(On a Holiday cruise, I saw a crew member looking really haggard and sorta sad, and I just got up in his face and said "Whatsamatter?" with a big grin......and then he smiled. He was smiling BIGtime every time I saw him after that.) And that is honestly the ONLY time I've encountered a less-than-ok crew member.

Also sorry to hear it will be your last Carnival cruise. Personally, I can't WAIT for my next cruise on the Sensation!:)

Sometimes, it's all in a person's attitude.

True, but in my Sensation experience anyway, not the case. Most were just not what I've previously experienced with Carnival. And I have to agree with canesfan, the food was just so-so this last time, something even a good attitude can't change.

Not trying to put a downer on your cruise Cotton, just a personal observation. Hopefully you'll have a more enthisiastic crew.

Canesfan, "for awhile" isn't a bad thing. There are, as I'm sure you know, quite a few other cruising options to try, so atleast you won't become a land-lover. Good luck on your next cruise vacation choice.

I'm with you Mike. We all went on with great attitudes, but definitely noticed a difference from our previous 3 Carnival cruises. The food really was bad, and as I said before, we are not picky eaters. We still had fun on the cruise, but we will definitely be trying out a couple of different cruise lines next time. Its the best way to travel!

Cotton, I'm sure you'll go on and have a great cruise and have a totally different experience so I'm not trying to make it sound all bad.

Steve

Not trying to put a downer on your cruise Cotton, just a personal observation. Hopefully you'll have a more enthisiastic crew..

While I truly appreciate reading the pros and cons of any ship (especially one on which I'm about to sail), NOTHING can put a downer on my cruise plans!:)

Well we're going in less than a month...we experienced the same unenthusiastic grumpy attitude from some of the staff on our recent cruise on Imagination.

Were you on the five day or four day? Excursions???

Was there a sewage smell? I've read about it on some other posts and heard it might be bad on Main Aft (which is where we are staying). Where was your cabin?

Also, what kind of Canes fan are you? I think I've asked before but don't know if you responded?

Cantwait, we were on the 4 day to Cozumel and had a great time... it was over 4th of July... We did not notice a sewer smell, we were in Cabin U30 on the Upper Deck...

Have a great time!!!!! (and are there any other Canes besides the Carolina Hurricanes??? LOL!!!!!!!! Either way, they are the best of the Canes :D )

I'm am a huge Miami Hurricanes fan. We live in Orlando and go to Miami to at least 3 or 4 games a year. Are you a Hurricane fan?? I see you are from NOrth Carolina, so that would be unlikely I'm sure! We do play NC State on Oct. 30th in North Carolina though!

We (4 of us 2 daughters 17 and 3) were on the Main Deck # 238, and yes, we smelled the sewage smell all the time in the hallways and occassionally in the bathroom. My wife kept blaming me, but I was innocent!! The smell was not unbearable or anything, just noticeable.

We were on the4 day to Cozumel and went to Paradise Beach, which was VERY nice and relaxing. If you like to snorkel , that is not the place though. Great food and drinks, highly recommended. After that we just went shopping and to the downtown area. We had a 3 year old with us, so we were a little limited on what we could do.

Canesfan,

Well we're going to be pretty close to that on the Main deck (219 and 223)....guess I'll just bring some air freshner with me since we've been forewarned!!!

We're going on the five day so we'll be hitting Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We're going to try to swim with the sting rays in GC and may to Paradise Beach...we just went in June and really enjoyed it!

And yes, since I'm from NC and lived in Raleigh during college and law school I became a huge Canes fan....love hockey!!!

I figured you were a Miami fan, but wasn't sure since you don't have you location...

I see you had U30 for your cabin on the Sensation, we will be going on the Fascination over Thanksgiving week and are staying in the penthous suite - U73, is this the same type of cabin you had? If so, can you describe it to me? I am getting excited! First balcony cabin! A suite!! First ever!

Thanks!

Repeat of previous question... since you mentioned twice that the food was "really bad" ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Which dishes in particular did you not care for... I avoid some - due to experience - and have RARELY had anything I did not LOVE....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom

There was nothing that was extremely horrible. There were 6 of us and when we got the filet mignon one night, 3 of us had to send it back because it was so tough. We also had plastic shavings in our salads one night that must have come from the cheese grater we were guessing. We just felt that overall the quality of the food was pretty poor and believe me, our expectations weren't unrealistic. We've been on 4 Carnival cruises prior, this one just wasn't our best cruise, but we still had fun anyways. The pizza was good though, no complaints on that!

Archived