Does anyone here keep a journal of their vacations/cruises??

jamaica71594

I do a "Live from the (HAL ship name)" thread on the HAL board. I jot down things during the day and evening and update the thread maybe once or twice a day. People on the CC/HAL board love it, judging by the number of views, and when I get home I print it out and that's my journal for the trip. I also make a Word document of it and send it to people who want one.

I had intended to journal on previous cruises, but just wasn't organized enough. This time I'll be ready (I hope). I read a great idea on CC maybe a week ago about taking a binder (I bought the small flexible kind), dividers and page protectors. We leave next Sunday, so I have already made out my packing list and a rough idea of what's happening each day. Then I will have a section for each day/port and will slip the daily Cruise Compass and other little things into the protectors each day so everything is in one place. With the help of our laptop, hopefully I'll take time each night to jot down significant details of each day.

I had my kids start their trip journals when they took their first "big trip", when they were 10 and 12 years old. I had them spend a few minutes before bed thinking about what they'd seen and done that day, and writing it down. It was a way to help them focus on what was special to them. It's fun now that they're teenagers to look back and see what made an impression on them when they were younger. They think it's goofy, but I think it's great.

I keep using the same journal and adding each cruise to it once it is full I'll get another one. My journal and I leave for our first TA cruise next Sunday.

I do the same thing. I keep using it until it's full. I leave in for E. Med in 10 days with journal in hand.

Although i do like the idea of buying one from each ship for that cruise.

We don't keep a journal but we do have seperate vacations photo albums from our everyday photo albums. I also maintain a vacation website that has some of our more recent vacations photos posted so that family and friends can enjoy the pics.

Joe

Archived