Question using the coupon for Talkeetna Air

cruzingduo

Yes, you need to bring the book to use the coupons, and the coupons need to remain in the book until you use them. If you're traveling with another couple, each needs their own book. You can give/sell the book to someone when you're done with it.

That is a great idea Nancy - to sell or give the book away when you are done. Actually, for someone to give their book away that cost them $100 would be a very kind and generous thing to do...to say the least!

I know they are also sold on EBay. I checked a couple of months ago and someone from Toursaver actually had a posting on EBay to purchase the book at full cost through them with a warning about not selling partially used books. I think EBay took down their listing.

I hope this is a permitted question. Can 2 couples buy a tour saver book and share the coupons? Do you have to bring the entire book with you to redeem a coupon?

We purchased the 2007 Great Alaskan Tour Saver coupon book for our cruise this summer. Each book is numbered. The conditions for book usage are on the same page as the book number. It states: "Vouchers are void if detached from booklet. Please carry booklet with you and remove individual vouchers as you use them. Please read each voucher carefully before using and mention offer at time of reservations. This will avoid any misunderstandings or inconvenience. Thank you!"

It doesn't say you can't share the book with someone else. So, I think the answer to both of your questions is "Yes". Just make sure whoever uses it has the coupon book in their possession with desired coupons attached when redeeming them.

Hope this answers your questions.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm not sure how your question relates to Talkeetna Air. There's only 1 coupon for Talkeetna Air Taxi - so only one couple can benefit from that coupon. There are 3 coupons for Talkeetna Aero: flightseeing from Talkeetna, flightseeing from Denali, and one for the Denali day trip from Talkeetna. Perhaps you mean that two couples are sharing the coupon book for two entirely different trips at different times. That works, as bayview said.

What I was thinking was that perhaps 1 couple could use the coupon for Talkeetna Air Taxi in Talkeetna, and some one else could use the book for Talkeetna Aero.

Is that reasonable?

Talkeetna Aero's coupon is for 11 a.m. only, and Talkeetna Air Taxi's is for 7 p.m. only. That works as long as you're there all day - or you arrive one evening and leave the next day.

Nancy, thanks for the info. I have not purchased a book yet. We are taking the 7pm with Talkeetna Air Taxi from Talkeetna.

Now I need to find someone else to split the book with.

Joanne

Radiance Cruisetour #6 June 4-8, 2007 Cruise June 8th.

Nancy, thanks for the info. I have not purchased a book yet. We are taking the 7pm with Talkeetna Air Taxi from Talkeetna.

Joanne

All this time I thought you were traveling with another couple! Thanks for clearing that up.

Joanne

You can advertise your book on EBay and list the coupons you have used. You should probably get at least half your value back.

Nancy, I am sorry if I mislead you. We are on Cruisetour #6 from RCCL and will be in Talkeetna on June 7th. We are planning on doing the 7 pm flight with Talkeetna Air taxi. My concern is that what IF we cannot do the flight

after buying the book?

It's definitely worth the $99 for the book, just for this flight.

Can some one who has the book tell us what the coupon says for Talkeetna Air Taxi. It's the only time the flight works into our schedule.

How long are the coupons good for?

Any other comments?

Radiance 6-8-07

Nancy, I am sorry if I mislead you. We are on Cruisetour #6 from RCCL and will be in Talkeetna on June 7th. We are planning on doing the 7 pm flight with Talkeetna Air taxi. My concern is that what IF we cannot do the flight

after buying the book?

It's definitely worth the $99 for the book, just for this flight.

Can some one who has the book tell us what the coupon says for Talkeetna Air Taxi. It's the only time the flight works into our schedule.

Any other comments?

Radiance 6-8-07

You didn't mislead me, but I couldn't quite figure out who the "two couples" were! Here's what the Toursaver coupon for Talkeetna Air Taxi says:

Receive one 90-minute flightseeing tour of Denali with a glacier landing FREE, with purchase of an accompanying flightseeing tour.* Upgrades welcome.

*Valid May 15-August 31, 2007 only. Valid for 7:00 p.m. departure only. Restrictions apply. Space is limited. Advance reservations required. Must mention coupon when making reservations. Not combinable with any other promotion, offer or discount. VOID if detached from booklet.

Value up to: $235

If you buy the book just for the flightseeing and you can't go - then you try to recoup some of what you spent by selling the book when you return. There are a few coupons that can be used for sightseeing in the cruise ports, such as kayaking in Ketchikan, a Yukon bus tour in Skagway, and Glacier Gardens in Juneau. While you're at Denali - there's also a 2-for-1 coupon for the Cabin Nite Dinner Theater (Thursday - Sunday at 8:30 only), some rafting, etc. Here's the list of all the Toursaver coupons: http://www.toursaver.com/alaskatravel.php

Coupon #98

Receive one 90-minute flightseeing tour of Denali with a glacier landing FREE, with purchase of an accompanying flightseeing tour. Upgrades welcome.

Valid May 15-August 31, 2007 only. Valid for 7:00pm departure only. Restrictions apply. Space is limited. Advance reservations required. must mention coupon when making reservations. Not combinable with any other promotion, offer or discount. VOID if detached from booklet.

Value up to $235.00

They're all different! I'd love to use this one, but we'll be there a couple days after the date, darn it!

I hope this is a permitted question. Can 2 couples buy a tour saver book and share the coupons? Do you have to bring the entire book with you to redeem a coupon?

The coupon is valid for the 7 pm flight as stated on the coupon. Therefore, book early. I booked the same trip for this July. I had inquired about 3 dates to check availability and they replied that only one of my dates was available. Also, you can upgrade and still use the coupon. We're doing that to take the Grand Denali Tour.

Also, you can upgrade and still use the coupon. We're doing that to take the Grand Denali Tour.

We are also considering the McKinley flightseeing -- can anyone compare the Talkeetna Air Taxi with Talkeetna Aero? Also, can you explain what is meant by upgrading?

We are also considering the McKinley flightseeing -- can anyone compare the Talkeetna Air Taxi with Talkeetna Aero? Also, can you explain what is meant by upgrading?

Upgrading means taking a more expensive tour than the one the coupon is for, and paying the difference.

Also, can you explain what is meant by upgrading?

The coupon is for the South Face McKinley Tour. A longer tour for example is the Grand Denali Tour which cost more. If you wanted this tour, you can do so, departing at 7 PM, and pay the difference. Although the departure is at 7 PM, they want you there by 6:30.

South Face McKinley Tour:

You'll fly over the lush Susitna Valley and enter the ice age world of the Alaska Range.

See Mt. McKinley and the Ruth Gorge, the deepest in North America and filled with a 4,000 foot thick river of ice. Experience the Don Sheldon amphitheater surrounded by Granite peaks and cascading icefalls.

Your pilot narrates the tour, pointing out wildlife and geological interests.

Grand Denali Tour:

This tour covers more of Denali National Park than any tour available. You will circle Mt. McKinley and traverse the Alaska Range twice.

There is no better way to view the remote regions of the park. See active gold mines, Kahiltna base camp where the climbers begin their ascent, and the Wickersham Wall of McKinley, the steepest continual vertical relief in the world. Enjoy a wildlife tour on the way back to historic Talkeetna.

You can go to this web site for more information. http://www.talkeetnaair.com/flightseeing.html

Better to call them for specifics and further detailed questions. They've always been very helpful.

We booked with Talkeetna Air Taxi, however they would not accept the coupon for $235. We could only do the 7pm flight and they already had the max amount of coupons for that day. We selected the base camp flight with a glacier landing.

We booked with Talkeetna Air Taxi, however they would not accept the coupon for $235. We could only do the 7pm flight and they already had the max amount of coupons for that day. We selected the base camp flight with a glacier landing.

Too bad you can't use the TS coupon. Would the Talkeetna Aero flight earlier in the day work into your plans? Glad I booked early since I am flying with Talkeetna Air Taxi using a TS coupon in early July.

Too bad you can't use the TS coupon. Would the Talkeetna Aero flight earlier in the day work into your plans? Glad I booked early since I am flying with Talkeetna Air Taxi using a TS coupon in early July.

I am going early July too, on the 7th? Any chance we're on the same plane?

I am going early July too, on the 7th? Any chance we're on the same plane?

That would have been fun. We are going on July 5th. My schedule is:

July 2 arrive Denali

July 3/4 Wonder Lake campground

July 5 Talkeetna flightseeing at 7pm

July 6/7 Seward

Maybe another time :)

That would have been fun. We are going on July 5th. My schedule is:

July 2 arrive Denali

July 3/4 Wonder Lake campground

July 5 Talkeetna flightseeing at 7pm

July 6/7 Seward

Maybe another time :)

Wow! Camping at Wonder Lake, that sounds great. Have fun.

We are on the Radiance, we fly to Fairbanks on June 3rd, Talkeetna Aero has a coupon for, I think 11 am only and we won't be in Denali long enough. The only time we were certain would work for us was the 7 pm in Talkeetna.

I wish we could get some specific time info from RCL but they do not it time information at the cruise tour desk. They say we need to ask when we meet out tour person in Fairbanks.

Unless a CC member who has gone on this cruisetour (#6) can help us out.

Archived