Coffee and Filters for In Room Coffee Pots

LaBayouBabe

Are there coffee pots in the cabins on the Dawn? I've booked a BA.

Thanks

The "coffee pots" on the dawn are kettles for heating water only...they give you instant coffee packets to put in your cup. Fresh coffee is available from room service.

Is that really true about the "water kettles"? Not that I doubt you smeyer, but I had such a nice wakeup on the Spirit by bringing my own filters and my favorite Starbucks coffee - was looking forward to that on my Dawn balcony this October on the repo.

What are the coffee makers like on the PoAM? I look forward to enjoying some fresh kona coffee in the mornings on our Hawaii cruise.

PoAM has small (I seem to remember them being about 4 cups) coffee makers that take the smaller basket-style filters.

I found the coffee they provided awful, so in the first port we picked up some filters and Kona coffee as you suggest. Awesome! We couldn't easily find the smaller basket filters, so ended up using larger ones, which was fine.

If you bring your own filters, you can buy great Kona coffee in the ship's gift shop, but you'll pay a bit of a premium over what it would cost on shore.

The "coffee pots" on the dawn are kettles for heating water only...they give you instant coffee packets to put in your cup. Fresh coffee is available from room service.

Bummer! :(

Thanks. I guess we'll just have to do room service and wait.

I'm booked on the Dawn in an AF Mini-Suite, from what I've read and from some pictures I've seen, I believe that the Mini-Suites have coffee makers. Does anyone know if this is true, or do they have the water kettles too??

PoAM has small (I seem to remember them being about 4 cups) coffee makers that take the smaller basket-style filters.

I found the coffee they provided awful, so in the first port we picked up some filters and Kona coffee as you suggest. Awesome! We couldn't easily find the smaller basket filters, so ended up using larger ones, which was fine.

If you bring your own filters, you can buy great Kona coffee in the ship's gift shop, but you'll pay a bit of a premium over what it would cost on shore.

Thanks! this is great news:)

Star had 4 cup coffee makers in AD penthouse suites and above and Jewel had espresso machine in penthouse suites AD and above. I do not know about lower rooms. In 2005 on the Star my kids had a coffee maker in their inside cabin and a water kettle on the Jewel in 2006 in a inside cabin. I don't know if they still have coffee makers on the Star in a inside cabin.

Thanks. We have a balcony stateroom, so we'll be packing filters and coffee.

Becky and Sandy

Star had 4 cup coffee makers in AD penthouse suites and above and Jewel had espresso machine in penthouse suites AD and above. I do not know about lower rooms. In 2005 on the Star my kids had a coffee maker in their inside cabin and a water kettle on the Jewel in 2006 in a inside cabin. I don't know if they still have coffee makers on the Star in a inside cabin.

Archived