Imagination!

Stop That!

Hey all!

Traveling Carnival Imagination in May. I'm a first-time cruiser, and just wanted to know the feel of the ship from the perspective of those who've already sailed her. Is the atmosphere more romantic (full of honeymooners/couples), the elder crowd, or is it more of a younger (twentysomethings), college-aged group?

Thanks!

All I can say is the Imagination is my favorite ship. I am not sure why, but she is. We have sailed her three times, and have always found that she is in good condition. This was 6 years ago mind you, and I plan on sailing her again in the next couple years, especially with this new 5 day itinerary.

The crowd at the time was neither old or young. I would say a good mix. I think the best crowds I have seen have been on the 5 day cruises.

You will have a great time. :)

-Mike

All I can say is the Imagination is my favorite ship. I am not sure why, but she is. We have sailed her three times, and have always found that she is in good condition. This was 6 years ago mind you, and I plan on sailing her again in the next couple years, especially with this new 5 day itinerary.

The crowd at the time was neither old or young. I would say a good mix. I think the best crowds I have seen have been on the 5 day cruises.

You will have a great time. :)

-Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Anyone else? Other experiences?

My wife and I have sailed on the Imagination twice and next week we will sail her again. I can't put my finger on the reason, but it is my favorite of the six ships we have sailed...maybe it is just because we sailed her as our first cruise. The crew has always been friendly, the ship is clean, the food is good, and the layout is easy to manuever. Really, all of the Carnival ships and cruises are very alike - even the same jokes are told, but the Imagination stands out and you will have a wonderful time.

Happy Cruising!

She was my first ship and she was beautiful!!! I had a great time,no problems at all and the food was excellent:D The crowd was very diverse,old & young,family,honeymooners, and singles.

You will have fun!!!

We are sailing her again in early May for the 3rd time> I agree with others about it being our favorite Carnival ship. I also can't put a finger on it. One of the reasons is the crew we have had on her, both times they have been top notch.

Hey all!

Traveling Carnival Imagination in May. I'm a first-time cruiser, and just wanted to know the feel of the ship from the perspective of those who've already sailed her. Is the atmosphere more romantic (full of honeymooners/couples), the elder crowd, or is it more of a younger (twentysomethings), college-aged group?

Thanks!

We just got off the Imagination on Monday and I concur that it is a great ship. Easy to manuever but big enough to slip away. There were a lot of families when we cruised. Kids of all ages - toddlers to teens. Not many college age kids, just one group of about 10-15. Have a wonderful time!:)

We just got off the Imagination on Monday and I concur that it is a great ship. Easy to manuever but big enough to slip away. There were a lot of families when we cruised. Kids of all ages - toddlers to teens. Not many college age kids, just one group of about 10-15. Have a wonderful time!:)

Thanks! I'm sure it will be a blast :)

Only 20 days, 19 hours, and 17 minutes til embarkation!

The Imagination is GREAT! We are a family of 4 and we LOVED her ! Staff, food, entertainment were wonderful. Because we had such a good time on her last August, we decided to go for a longer cruise on the Valor this September. Hope that is just as good!:p

Have a wonderful time!

We've sailed her sister ships, Sensation and Inspiration, LOVED them. yeah, they are a bit older than the new shiny perfect ships, but the atmosphere is SO FUN!! I think you'll find a younger than average crowd, especially because May is college break time. We always take our 4 night cruises in May. Perfect weather, great crowd, the disco is packed, all the bars are fun, and people really pack a ton of fun into the 4 nighters. Tons of people on the Lido deck!!! FUN!

My office has a group of 22 "ladies" sailing April 28 on the 5 day out of Miami to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. This will be my first Carnival cruise and I have read nothing but good things about the Imagination on Cruise Critic. I have only cruised 4 times w/ Cunard so I'm anxious to see the comparison - perhaps I've been paying too much!!!

I think the Grand Caymen, Ohco Rios cruise on the Imagination is the perfect cruise for first timers. My first cruise was on it and I even talked a friend of mine into going on it who wasn't really sold on the cruising idea, and we all loved it. It's not too long and it's not to short; really it's the perfect length for first timers IMO. Both ports are great and even if you are on the 4 day version the ship is great. I am positive you will have a great time.

I think the Grand Cayman, Ochoa Rios cruise on the Imagination is the perfect cruise for first timers.

My DW and myself both agree that the Imagination is the best ship that we have sailed. We enjoyed the above cruise. You will love her and I hope you have the same Capt that we had when we sailed her.

Enjoy your cruise and do not forget to write a review when you get back.

It's the size I like. Not small by any means, but not so huge that you never know which way to turn! Last cruise on Liberty we were lost about half the time! On the Imagination you could make a new friend and actually run into them on the ship again.

Just got back from Imagination Sat. Loved the ship. The crew was great. Everyone always cleaning something. Greeting you by name after first day everywhere. Captain was out and about and very friendly. Lots of 20 somethings crowding the pool though and to get a chair near it get up at 4am but a great trip.

STOP THAT

I'm going in 19 days. Are you catching the ship in the keys!!!! LOL

Nope, we're getting on in Miami, May 7th. I've only got to suffer through 10 more days at work, then I'm on vacation! Can't wait!

Also, thanks to everyone for your replies. Sounds like Imagination will be the perfect first cruise for me :)

Sailed the Imagination in July '06. Nice, clean ship. Best day on the ship was calica. We stayed on---- everyone else off!!!. Pools, bars, waiters, food, all of it to ourselves and a select few who completely loved the experience!! Try it---you'll like it!!

My office has a group of 22 "ladies" sailing April 28 on the 5 day out of Miami to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. This will be my first Carnival cruise and I have read nothing but good things about the Imagination on Cruise Critic. I have only cruised 4 times w/ Cunard so I'm anxious to see the comparison - perhaps I've been paying too much!!!

Hey gardenbunny, I will be on that cruise as well! Post on the Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=516317

Does anyone recall what kind of electrical plugs are in the Imagination staterooms? Are they 2 or 3 prong plugs? I dont want to be SoL if I bring my power strip (3 prong) and the outlet cant take it.

TIA

Archived