on Radience! Corner afts and Humps!

These afts and humps are on hold for me for Alaska sailings!

As soon as AI figure out which ones I want then I'll let the rest go.

Actually made down payments on all of them yesterday but don't need all of them.

Yes, my birthday wish came true and on my birthday (April12)!

How fast is that for wishes coming true.

I do have a small problem though, I have on the Radience 1600(corner aft GS), 1100(corner aft JS), 9256 and all the the middle humps available for the sailings I'm going on and now I can't decide which ones to take.

GS 1600 is almost $1,000 more than JS 1100 and JS 1100 is almost $1,000 more than the D1 9256 and the humps. So we're talkin $2,000 to $1,000 extra depending if I get a GS or JS.

I need 2 cabins on both sailings, someone Help!

Honestly which ones would you choose, I understand with GS you get extra goodies and little bigger than JS, but look at the extra I'm paying to get those goodies and everyone loves 9256 as well as the humps too.

So I guess I do have another extended birthday wish for anyone to help with and that is for you to honestly tell me which 2 would you choose for each sailing?

I was also curious as to how noisy it is above the 1100 and 1600 afts because of the Windjammer being right above these rooms?

I want one good cabin for DH and I and give my DD and her fiance a cheaper one which since I'm paying for theirs too they can't complain!

Can you help me decide please so I can cancel the rest of these cabins?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

Had 1100 on a Caribbean cruise and 9584 on an Alaskan cruise. Both cabins are great but I think you would get better views of Hubbard from a hump cabin as the ship sits parallel to the glacier face. I personally don't think GS's are worth the extra $$ but that's my opinion.

I have pictures from both balconies in my photo albums...

Pictures from our cruises

Since you need 2 cabins, I'd take the JS 1100 and a D1... If it were me, I'd get a D1 close to 1100 for someone I was traveling with rather than have them on a different floor. The Aft D1's on Deck 10 also have nice sized balconies.

What cruise(s) are you going to be releasing these primo cabins for??? One of us may want to pick one of them up. :D

I've read reports from a few here on the boards who have stayed in both 1100 and 1600 and most prefer the 1100 over this particular GS. My understanding is that 1600 is layed out a bit different than most GS's and the bed is at an angle. Also, the balcony is smaller than 1100.

We had 1100 on Radiance in Alaska last year. See photos of the balcony and cabin linked in my sig. Had no issue with noise from the Windjammer but then it was a bit cold and windy during our cruise so not many people were eating outdoors.

I would definitly keep 1100! And I agree with elleluv that if you do keep 1100 and want a D1 you might want to get one on deck 10 for closer proximity. There is a D1 right next door (1102?) so maybe you can snag it.

As to the view of Hubbard Glacier from an aft balcony, it is absolutely spectacular. We've been on 2 Alaska cruises, both in aft cabins, both to Hubbard Glacier and we never left our balcony while at the glacier on either cruise. It's true you miss the approach but once there both captains we had (on Vision and Radiance) manuvered the ship(s) from one side to the other several times so everyone (including those of us aft) could get a great view. And when you leave - WOW!!! The view is all about the aft!

I love my kids but I think I'd/they would be more comfortable with being next to a stranger than each other.

We'll be getting together for a lot of things while on our cruises besides they're 25/26 so I think they'd probably want there space too and it's still up in the air of whether they'll go or not. They're still thinking about it but I need to cancel cabins I don't want to get all my deposits back and so others can have them to book.

Another thing I don't want to be getting wild and crazy maybe in my cabin with my daughter and her finace next door!

CJ :) :)

Hi again CJ, given what Aprille says about JS 1100 it sounds like a good choice (which is great because we have it for our Alaska cruise). I would recommend D1 9256 for your other cabin; it a great balcony (photos below). Even though the JS is right over the D1 you don't see and hear anything unless you lean over the balcony.

Kathy

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557564203cMKLPu?start=12

Okay, I'm leaning toward 1100 and 9256 but gonna think about it for the weekend. I did decide I don't want any humps so they're no longer mine.

I'm still holding 2 (GS)1600, 2 (JS)1100, 2 (D1) 9256, 2 (D1) 8168. These are all corner afts and I have (JS) 1568 (starboard) and (JS) 1068(Portside).

The last 2 Junior Suites are close to, but not on the hump and by the Owner Suites.

Thanks everybody for your imput. It's been greatly appreciated and very helpful!

Yell, Aprille should have been my name since I was born April 12 but no Mothers gotta give me a common name! Ugh!

CJ :) :)

Here are some pictures to help you decide. Click on the link in my signature. Radiance photos are 1100, Brilliance 1660, Serenade 1602.

As you can probably tell, I'm a huge fan of the aft cabins. I have not stayed in a hump cabin, so I can't really compare.

I would take 1100 over 1600, hands down. The perks you'll miss out on on a Radiance Class ship are priority tendering and disembarkation (in most ports you'll get priority embarkation in a JS), Concierge Club access (very nice for free cappuccino and cocktails, but it would take a lot of them to add up to $1000). The concierge can make reservations for dinner in Chops & Portofino and can make spa appointment & book your excursions, but you can do all of that yourself - I don't think suite guests get any priority for that. Book your excursions online in advance, and book anything else as soon as you get on the ship.

1600 is nicely furnished, but it has a funky layout - there's a long entryway into the cabin that's just wasted space. The closet is crammed into the corner next to the bed & vanity, so you basically have to grab your clothes and one of you get dressed somewhere else in the cabin. And it's dark - it only has the sliding patio door, while 1100 has another floor to ceiling panel. If I were not Diamond Plus and therefore entitled to most of the suite perks anyway, I wouldn't book 1600 if 1100 or 1602 were available. DH & I love staring at the ship's wake (and the Captain kept turning the ship so everybody could get a good look at the glacier, BTW) so we'd probably pick 1600 over a midship GS, but even that's not certain.

And I would take 9256 as the D-1, too.

Archived