Anyone back from Tequila Beach with

june2006

pictures? Would love to see pictures of Tequila beach.

I am already booked even after some really bad reviews. Chance I am willing to take, however I would really love to see some pictures if anyone out here has them from a recent return.

Thank you in advance :)

pictures? Would love to see pictures of Tequila beach.

I am already booked even after some really bad reviews. Chance I am willing to take, however I would really love to see some pictures if anyone out here has them from a recent return.

Thank you in advance :)

We were just there 1 1/2 weeks ago & we loved it. I will try to attach some pixs.

29831938_TequilaBeach001.jpg.a76c1b21e692d05a3ee9283e1ccc297c.jpg

521546244_TequilaBeach002.jpg.ad1153ede4e397dcbf1d73f91f12b909.jpg

1115091615_TequilaBeach003.jpg.d746bec139c6657ee99897f91cd69e60.jpg

2065992551_TequilaBeach005.jpg.2aa5d1d500e4c4beafc4812959a63d36.jpg

341241138_TequilaBeach006.jpg.0108916a9435af9d2d30f226e9bce09a.jpg

no1meatman - - did you do a tour or just go on your own?

Thanks for the photos - they are great!

*****.com is the web site & we booked the Captains Pass, cost is $35 per person which includes open bar:D ,meal and use of all ammenities like restrooms,shower,

towels (which they said were all at the laundry when we were there,I was not a happy person ) but we made the best of it. This excursion was probably the best day of our cruise. LEE

Just there last week and we were on the Grandeur. Wife and I paid $20/each and my (4) kids $15/each. Cab was $3 into town and $2 back (not included in the package).

We rented a wave runner for $70/hr at the same time I booked the beach. They were having problems with keeping most of the runners working, so they were running an hour plus late. They were offering refunds if you wanted. Make a reservation and watch your scheduled time and check frequently or you will not get what you want.

I was also told the beach was open to 6:30. I asked because we came into port late morning and did not leave until 6:30. Note that the beach closed at 3:30.

I would recommend waiting until you arrive in port to book any beach excursions in this place. Two main reasons included: First, if the weather is questionable then you make the choice to do something else. Second, you can bargain for your prices as I did with the wave runner. There is sales stand when you walk into what I'll call "Costa Maya" shopping mall. This is not a city, but a place to grab a spot on the beach close to the pier. The shops were all overpriced for a location like this in Mexico and I would not buy here at all. Shop in Cozumel…you’ll have more luck.

Back to Tequila Beach, this place has potential. On a scale of one to five, I’d give it a 2+. Service was poor, although they thought they were doing a great job. We experienced poor waiter service and I found myself heading back and forth to the bar for plastic cups filled with 6 oz of beer. The first beer I ordered I specifically stated a “Corona” please. I got an off brand called “Superior”. During one of my trips to the bar I witnessed it being poured from the glass bottle. I started the day by handing our waiter a ten and asked him to get a plate of chips and salsa to us. That took 30 minutes plus. I then asked to see a menu….that never came…I borrowed one from the table next to us. I then found out that the meal my wife and I were told we had coming was not part of our package when we spoke with the waiter. I didn’t see ONE meal served. I then ordered another 2 plates of chips and salsa and waited another 45 minutes for this to arrive to serve my hungry kids.

The beach in this spot was average. There was shade. In the water there was some paper floating in the water along with sea weeds in the sand.

To end it all, I was approached by our waiter at the end of the day and he asked to be provided another tip for his outstanding service! Tip – You can walk around the north side of the building to grab a cab back and avoid this type of abuse. I left relaxed but not impressed one bit.

Why a 2+ then???? the view, the sun and the warm water. I caution you. Do not set your expectation too high. I had read many good things about this place and therefore I was not impressed at all during our experience. I’d go south down the beach and find someplace else if I bring the family back. Beware of your expectations.

My DH & I were in Costa Maya on 4/6 and we did the package through ***** also. While the water was very beautiful, I think next time we will head further down into town & see what we can get into. Basically because most of the issues mentioned in previous posts, we experienced also.

Here are some of the pictures I took...I have no idea how to make them smaller :o

100_2292.jpg

100_2289.jpg

100_2285.jpg

100_2284.jpg

Archived