Bermuda Shore Excursions - Explorer

HPCW

I am sailing on Explorer to Bermuda on July 15th, 07. Can anyone tell me about the shore excursions offered by the cruise ship? I would hate to wast my time on something that is less that spectacular.

We did the Nativeway Catamaran tour and it was fantastic. They picked us up right at King's Wharf in a pink catamaran and took us for about 45 minute or so sail to a secluded cove. Along the way there was a guide who told us all about the fish we would see and about Bermuda. They were also baking homemade cookies on board.

The snorkeling area was in pretty shallow water and they had a set of stairs below the catamaran so you could just walk down into the water. There was also a small beach there that I found a ton of beach glass on.

I would highly recommend this tour, the guide and crew were fantastic. Click on the link in my signature to see pictures from that cruise.

A lot of people have mentioned Restless Native catamaran as being very good but it is impossible to find a web site. I wonder if they went out of business? RC offers two catamaran 2 hour day trips but they don't sound very attractive.

A lot of people have mentioned Restless Native catamaran as being very good but it is impossible to find a web site. I wonder if they went out of business? RC offers two catamaran 2 hour day trips but they don't sound very attractive.

I just looked it up on the website for the Explorer excursions and it is there like on the 3rd page or so of the excursions. They only book through the cruiselines at least that is what we were told.

Oops, I only saw the first page, thanks~~

--OP the catamaran-type excursions always seem to be popular, depends on what you want to do. Bermuda is pretty small so it's easy and safe to get around on your own, too. The 'Ports of Call' boards might have more information as to peoples' experiences with the different excursions.

I looked on the Port of Call board for myself recently for my Explorer cruise on june 8, and it seems both the Restless Native & Rising Sun II are being offered as excursions. I looked up info on both, and have chosen the Rising Sun II, since I didn't read any bad reviews about this excursion, but saw a few complaints regarding the Restless Native.

Archived