Just booked our first RCCL cruise !!

We have cruised twice... both times on Carnival. This time, one of my good friends that has cruised BOTH lines, has convinced us to try RCCL. So, yesterday we booked on the Mariner for Sept 2008. So far there are 6 going (this good friend and her hubby, my sis and her husband, and my DH and I.). We have several others that are very interested so we're hoping to add a few more to our party.

We've read SUCH good things about the Mariner - so we are very excited. I know it's a long way off - but we all know that planning is half the fun. And I've found that the older I get, the faster time is slipping by anyway. Just wanted to share OUR excitement with you all.

Thanks very much.. I'm sure it will be FANTASTIC. I have to say, we thoroughly enjoyed our Carnival cruises. The Inspiration was certainly not a new ship - but I cant' say that I found any faults with her. And the Destiny was a super trip. We were fortunate, because we booked that cruise primarily to got to Barbados and Aruba... and not long after we booked, they changed the itinerary and dropped Aruba. Luckily, we were not affected. Again, it was a great trip. How will it compare after cruising on RCCL? I don't honestly know yet. But I truly think that you can have a great trip on any of the lines.... and if you WANT to find something wrong with a ship, you can if you look hard enough. For me - it's the ocean, it's blue, the water is warm - there are palm trees at the destinations and foo-foo drinks to enjoy. What could be better than that??? Oh yes, and there is somebody to wait on me ALL the time !!!

It's definitely different than Carnival, but you will have a great time! Which one you like better will depend on your personal preferences --it's hard not to compare when you're on-board. There is no such thing as a bad cruise -- so enjoy!!

Archived