fun ship dollars or bar credits?

sea*siren

I am thinking I'll buy one or the other every few months until we cruise in Dec. Mainly to help spread out the expenses and not get hit too hard at the end of the cruise. Traveling will be myself, DH, and two children. For those that choose this method of "stocking up" before you go, which is the better choice? Also, does each bar credit equal 1 drink or a specific amount toward a drink? Thanks!

I'm actually doing a little of both. I buy Funship Dollars every week plus I've ordered some drink coupons. It's nice to start with onboard credit. The tips are paid for and there's an excursion we can't book until we're on the ship so that's why I did it that way. The bar credits are good for $4.50 each.

My vote is for Fun Ship dollars, you don't have to worry about the drink prices or carrying coupons around. They can be ordered online on the Carnival website, when you get to the address field instead put in your booking number, a day or two later you will get an email confirmation and that dollar amount is credited right on your s&s card -

In our gift basket that I ordered for our last cruise there were four drink coupons. They're ment for one reasonable drink per coupon, ie beer or shot, however if you're really nice to the servers you might be able to get something better. Now on the sheet of 4 coupons it says that all four can be used towards the price of a bottle of wine.

I used to get drink credits, But know that I learned how to put fun ship dollars on my s&s card from home on the internet I just do that. It comes from the same money and I don't have to carry around extra coupons. Just my s&s card.

I love paying early and often, its nice to have a small or no bill at the end of the cruise.

Also if there are funds left on your s&s card at the end of the cruise they give you a check back. If you have drink coupons left (they are still good) but you have to keep them till your next cruise.

I used to get drink credits, But know that I learned how to put fun ship dollars on my s&s card from home on the internet I just do that. It comes from the same money and I don't have to carry around extra coupons. Just my s&s card.

I love paying early and often, its nice to have a small or no bill at the end of the cruise.

Also if there are funds left on your s&s card at the end of the cruise they give you a check back. If you have drink coupons left (they are still good) but you have to keep them till your next cruise.

exactly. I have been adding $50/week, we cruise in July. It is nice to know that we will have money on our sail & sign when we board! I always put my booking number in the first address line and in the second line I put "apply as on board credit."

You will receive a confirmation email from Carnival and then another from a Carnival rep stating the amount and that you have an on board credit.

Easy!

We did drink coupons on our first cruise but we didn't know about the funship dollars then :)

How do you go about buying either of these options?

Felicia

go to www.carnival.com and click on the gift section at the top of the page. select gift certificates on the left side of the screen, choose the amount you wish to purchase and in fill out the rest of the information as usual. except, where the address is do not put your address, instead put your booking number. i ususally type in "use as onboard credit" so there are no questions....then they show up on your account, for me, ususally 1-2 business days :) hope this helps!

I bought 20 this week to supplement my personal stash. From what I can tell they are good for a standard drink and there is not a $ amount as a limit. Other threads state that it really is up to the waiter or bartender to decide what you can purchase. I think handing over the coupons w/ a buck as well will get you almost any drink.

Hello. I am new to this as well as we sail on the 5/26 Liberty sailing. So I now understand how to purchase FunCash and put on my S&S but is there a way to check online to see how much you have added (total) if you've been adding alittle here and there?

Thanks for the help. I think I'll go with the funship $$. I didn't realize I could have it applied to the S & S card as onboard credit as opposed to a paper certificate--even better! :) Will DH's and my S & S card be linked so the credit is split evenly? If not, how do get credit on each card?

I buy funship dollars so I can "see" how much my account is growing each week.

Since i do it bi-weekly its too much paperwork to go through if one isnt put through correctly.

I also buy drink coupons-- I know I want the frozen drinks that i get at the shows.. since I know the coupon will pay for them= thats what I use them for.. anything else we use the sign and sail card. The copons go in my camera case so its always with me

I also buy photo coupons since I know I want the embarkation one and one formal night. ( the photo coupon is good for dollar for dollar so if I dont use it all-- I lose it)

I get soda coupons too -- good since my SO likes a soda with dinner so I get enough soda coupons to get me through the week. (I might add that I got tons of these last cruise since I knew the price was going up- I paid 6.00 for 4 cans of soda instead of the going rate of 7.75 for 4. )

Thanks for the help. I think I'll go with the funship $$. I didn't realize I could have it applied to the S & S card as onboard credit as opposed to a paper certificate--even better! :) Will DH's and my S & S card be linked so the credit is split evenly? If not, how do get credit on each card?

if the funships dollars are applied in your name and the sign and sail card is in his name as the main account holder-- it will all be in your name.

If you apply it directly to the account-- do half under his name and then half to your name.

if you use funship dollars directly you can fill them out half with you and half for him.. or put them all under whoever is the main account holder

Archived