Swimming at HMC/Yellow and Green Cabanas

x lindsay x

Hi! My family and I are interested in booking a cabana on HMC for our upcoming cruise. We are particularly interested in the yellow and green cabanas. From one of the maps I saw posted on the CC board previously it looked like those cabanas might be beyond the designated swimming area.

I guess my question is: is it a huge problem swimming beyond the designated area? I think it would be fine just as long as you didn't stray too far from the shore, but my mom is a bit more skeptical and believes that it is unsafe or that we will get reprimanded if we swim there.

Thanks for all your help. This first time cruiser needs all the help she can get!

lindsay

We were in the green cabana and we didn't have any problem swimming in this area. It is really very close to the pink cabana and the yellow cabana, so everyone in these cabanas was swimming in approximately the same area.

I didn't realize this area was outside of the designated swimming area. No one said anything to us about that or that we couldn't swim in the area in front of or near our cabana. Plus, while very few passengers went up the beach this far, there were some crew enjoying the beach in this area and some of them were swimming too.

We had the green cabana in November and swam directly in front of it. There was no mention of being out of a designated area. I guess I did not even know there was a designated area. We just swim where we wish, anyway.

We were in the Pink cabana two weeks ago. Just past the Pink cabana there is a sign posted on the beach "no life guard beyond this point" There are still a lot of people swimming in this area. The beach is very sandy and slopes gradually from the shore. With a bit of care you should be okay.

Archived