Who cruises carnival at Christmas?

MonaCD

Sounds fun! Would love to get my family to go on a cruise for Christmas. We went to Disney one year for Christmas and my family said they never want to be away for Christmas again. Since my kids are older (18 and 15), Christmas isn't as fun for me - for the amount of $$ we spend on gifts we could go away and have memories instead of stuff (and I won't have to shop - gets to be less fun every year for me!)

Maybe this will be the year I can convince them to try a cruise!

Who cruises during Chistmas ?

Those who can afford the HEFTY cruise fare do.

So kgk, does that mean you'll be on the Glory this Christmas?

Yes - we'll be on Glory this Christmas - we loved it last year on Victory. There were all ages of kids and adults. We shared a lunch table one day with a grandmother cruising by herself. (my kids DD14, DD11, DS7) got a kick out of her! Also chatted several times with grandparents cruising with their kids and grandkids.

We had just our family this past cruise but on others we had DS with her family. Cousins got along great and adults had a lot of laughs together. They are joining again this year and we can't wait. If you can get your DB and DS to join you -- it will be a trip to remember. What a great present (for the grandkids) -- wonderful memories. Talk them into it!

Who cruises during Chistmas ?

Those who can afford the HEFTY cruise fare do.

?? Don't remember talking about fares at all. But since you mentioned it... if you book out far enough, you can get discounts -- past guest, military etc were (maybe still are) available. The "hefty" fares aren't much more than what's available around other school vacations if you book out far enough (our cabin rates have jumped over $400 pp since we originally booked -- I'm glad we locked in) ... now if we could just find some cheap airfare.... or we have to hope gas doesn't go much higher.

Looking forward to the rollcall.

Yes the fares over Christmas and New Years are about $350 more then the same cruises the weeks prior and after. However, as kgk points out, there are times when they are even higher, I noticed there are some in July or August that start at over $1000. Like anything else, it's all based on supply and demand.

For me, the airfair is the killer, it's going to cost me about $1000 for air fare at that time of year. I'm going to keep checking to see if any seat sales come up but I think they are pretty rare over the holidays.

The only discount I'd be eligible for would be past guest, and I doubt that's going to count for much over the hoidays. I doubt there will be military discounts over the holidays either, doesn't matter anyway, my SO is Canadian military but Carnival doesn't extend the military discount to Canadians like some other cruiselines do.

• 2 weeks later...

It was more like the Glory chose us, it is the only 7 day cruise that goes out of Port Canaveral over Christmas. We are meeting family in Orlando after the cruise and just seemed easiest to stick close to there for a port.

I really enjoyed the Legend and have heard good things about the Glory so I'm not at all concerned about trying her out.

Did the glory this past Christmas - I think that although there were lots of kids they were unusually well behaved. Before that we used to cruise in spring break and that is definitely a rowdier crowd

Great way for families spread all over the country to get together.

And no one has to get up early to put the turkey in:)

After the cruise my kids said they didnt want to cruise again at christmas, but a few months later they decided that they would (typical kids~cant make up their minds) but it's fun to enjoy the decorations on the ship without having to go overboard at home with the same (can usually find help putting them up, but taking them down is another story:rolleyes: )

We are cruising at Christmas on the Ecstasy. We can't wait. It was 2001 before my daughters had Christmas at home (they are now 13 and 16). We always did sking or Disney, so we are really looking forward to this cruise. (The key to going to Disney, is go before Christmas Eve, see everthing and leave on the 26th when everyone else gets there.

How are the seas during December, I have read a few post about the seas being choppier during the winter. Thanks for any input about Christmas cruises.

Tammy

I think I'd love a cruise over Christmas, but Christmas holidays at home are always so much fun. Friends and Family would be sad. We'd be the "Kranks." Well, I'm not off to Peru for Peace Corps nor is my brother, but I think even I'd be disappointed.

We opted now to make it a two week later cruise! That way we have the holidays AND something to look forward to.

Who cruises Carnival over Christmas? ME!! Just made the deposit on the Glory 12/22/07 cruise and started a roll call. So kgk, don't let me drift on the roll call all by myself, come and join me.

Just wondering if Massey has made a decision yet, are you coming on the Glory too?

Archived