Castaway at Malfini Beach???

I am trying to decide if we should try this and would love some reviews or pics?? It would be me, hubbie and 10 year ols son! Also, was wondering if you can snorkle from this beach? I am considering it to get away from the crowds?? Any opinions? Thanks!

It's been a few years since I went. It's a beautiful little beach. Not sure there would be much for the 10 year old to do other than swim. You can snorkle. Some people rave about the coral. I wasn't overly impressed. But it wasn't bad. No fish. The people of the island have fished out the area to feed themselves. I do have to say, you get away from the crowds. Back when I went there were only 20-22 people. Very relaxing and quite. And really pretty.

Like OHCruisin, its been a couple of years since I was there with my wife and two teenagers.

Maybe not the best spot for a ten year old, but not knowing what your ten year old likes, its hard to comment on whether or not it would be a good excursion. It is definitely a laid back excursion with snorkleing, water mats, swimming and just relaxing in the shade or sunning on the beach. You just walk right in from the beach and go snorkeling. Tropical drinks and local beer are available at a minimal cahrge--way less than what you pay on the ship.

I though the coral was some of the best I've ever seen snorkeling in the Caribbean and have snorkeled in Aruba, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, St John to name a few places. Agree with OHCruisin that there are not a lot of fish though.

If you want to get away from the masses that flock off of the ship and onto the beach at Labadee, then Malfini is the place to go. The amount of people allowed on the excursion is limited to keep the whole experience intimate so that you truely feel you are a castaway on this beach.

Just type in Malfini Beach on Google for photos.

The beach is probably 100-150 yards long with an area behind the beach with tables and loungers that is shaded.

This all adds to the feeling that you are "castaway" on a small beach.

Remember, there will only be about 20 people total on the excursion, so you won't feel crowded.

I did you the beach during the waverunner tour, but the beach was empty. It's a very small beach, it looks very nice though. I'll choose to skip that tour (for me it's boring after 1 hour) and pick a nice quit beach at Labadee. I can recommend you Hideaway Beach. We where at this beautiful beach with appr. 20 people.

Archived