Kenny Chesney

cruzfiend

Yes he is on tour. In fact I am going to see him tonight in Philly. However, on his tour he only plays usually Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays with other nights scattered in. He has a private jet and I'm sure it is nothing for him to leave on a minute's notice and get to the gigs.

LOL hey hey, I am going to the same concert tonight!! I cant wait,cause then on Thursday i leave on my cruise...that stops in..yes you guessed it, ST Thomas....

excited Mel

Mel,

Too funny. This is the first of 5 concerts of his we are going to this summer. My wife is addicted. Oh well, I love seeing her happy, lol!. We will be in St. Thomas a week before we see him in Boston. Cruising and Kenny Chesney concerts (and Tim McGraw) have put me in the poor house.

Hey we can't take it with us!

Enjoy the show!!

Hi C & F

well we went to the concert and to be honest we were sorely disappointed. We had nosebleed seats and the sound up there was horrendous..they were not using the speakers up there so we could hardly hear the words.....in fact we left early...boohoo..well now off to get ready for the cruise......Mel

Sorry to hear that. I heard complaints about that as well. We actually had nosebleeds up until the day of the show.

Early that morning, they opened up floor level seats and we got 37th row. I have to say, it was really good. We had nosebleeds in Boston last year and I have the same exact complaints as you do. This is one reason I hate outdoor stadium shows. If you are too far away in an outdoor venue, the sound gets absolutely lost.

I really hope you get a chance to see him again this year as, if the conditions are right as far as seating goes, it's a great show.

I notice you are from Jersey. He's playing at PNC in July and the Garden in NYC in August. PNC is a good exception to the outdoor rule as it is covered and the sound stays contained.

Anyway, the cruise is days long, the concert is a few hours. I'm sure you will not be disappointed in the cruise! What ship are you on?

Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

We stopped in Woody's just after getting off the ferry. Kenny was not to be seen!

We had a taxi/tour of the island, and the driver indicated the area in which Kenny owns a home, but said we could not see his house from the street.

I was on a day sail on June 21st and the crew members told me that he did in fact sell his home on St. John. But, she said that his plan is to build a new one on the land that he still owns there.

I am all ready to see him at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA on July 28th. I am so excited.

He is currently on tour so anyone going there now probably doesnt stand a chance unless he makes a quick stop home.

Ive seen many stories about him hanging out at Woody's in Cruz Bay...I guess he is one of the regulars, he often plays with the local band for fun.

He is on tour (we saw him last night and tomorrow night), but one of the locals said he comes back on and off. His tour consists of mostly Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, with some Thursdays thrown in.

He was at Woody's about a month ago according to the bartender. His platinum CD is on the wall there.

We swam in CInnamon Bay, which is overlooked by his newly constructed home.

• 4 months later...

Would you recognize Kenny without his cowboy hat?

He has hung out with us at one of our parties on St. Thomas. We didn't make a big deal about it and treated him as everyone else. Why do you think he likes living on St. John? He's a guy just like everyone else and needs to chill too.

Now, if only I could get that thru Buffett's head and get him down here!

;)

So..... Laura, does he hang out with you often? How cool is that.

He looked sooo uncomfortable at the CMT awards in those dress pants. I LIKE SEEING HIM BAREFOOT AND IN JEANS BETTER.

I'm hoping to get a glimse of him when we come there in January. He is my favorite entertainer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Only onstage, LOL!! I'm trying to get tix for the last show of the tour in Indianapolis. We were at the first 2 shows of the tour so I think it would make a nice BDAY gift for my wife. It is an 11 hour drive from NYC though!!

Archived