I'm still trying to decide cabins for Alaska,JS 1100 or D1 9256

jstpshe

Just found out that my DD and her fiance are not going with DH and I to Alaska so now I'm trying to decide if I should keep our cabin aft JS 1100 for just the $900.00 more or take their aft D1 9256. I've already canceled the GS 1600 because I thought these 2 were the best ones out of the 3.

Which cabin do you like best 1100 or 9256 and why? Asking one last time.

I appreciate your patience when it comes to helping me out on these again.

Thanks once again. CJ :) :)

I JUST went thru this exact decision....had both 1100 and 9256 on hold.....chose 1100, then after researching alaska excursion and the prices decided to go with 9256, same view (10 feet lower) and would rathr have a few less square feet and spend the $ on some very nice excursions.. (alaska excursions were very pricey ... but want to do the float plane, dog sledding, etc.)

Thanks Mitaxi,

Just sooooo hard to decide expecially if I'll be on the ship for a B2B maybe.

I've never had anything but a D1, I know for sure what I'm getting there.

Juat wondering if I should spoil my DH and me on his surprise cruise to Alaska by keeping the 1100.

CJ :) :)

I had a JS for the first time in Feb. on the Navigator.....very nice to have the larger bath and walk in closet.... I say GO FOR IT.... it is a special occasion.... and you have the best JS available...

I JUST went thru this exact decision....had both 1100 and 9256 on hold.....chose 1100, then after researching alaska excursion and the prices decided to go with 9256, same view (10 feet lower) and would rathr have a few less square feet and spend the $ on some very nice excursions.. (alaska excursions were very pricey ... but want to do the float plane, dog sledding, etc.)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you hold TWO cabins at the same time?

One in my name and one in my DH,s name. Since we pay for the cruises ourself when DD and fiance and DS and his fiance go with us we try to get as many deductions that we can, Platinum, C&A coupons, etc. and then when we get on the cruise DH comes over in our cabin and the children go into the other ones.

CJ :) :)

Okay, I am curious, just starting to plan today for 2009.

Are these rooms that are on the back of the ship extra nice due to a larger verandah? The picture of the ship makes these look extra large. Is that something to think about when booking? Is it too cold to be out on these verandahs in May?

Also how far in advance does one need to book these cabins?

Thanks for sharing info.

I just booked JS 1100 for our June 29th Northbound Alaksan cruise. This JS has the largest balcony.......and the best view of all JS's. You have the view aft, seeing both sides of the Inside passage shorelines..... you get the sunset off the Port side & the Sunrise off the Starboard side.

Being aft, you are blocked from getting the Northwest Winds, so you can sit outside and enjoy your balcony, even in the rain.

The agent said the aft cabins are the most desirable, and are booked way in advance. Someone cancelled on the day I happened to check room availability, and changed from a Mid Ship Junior Suite room 1546 to 1100.

Take a look at the ship layout.....on deck 10. JS 1100 even has a slightly larger balcony than the Grand Suite 1600 does!!! PLUS, in 1100, you only have one cabin next to you.....cabin 1102.....nothing's on the other side.

Yep, if you can grab it.........that's the cabin to shoot for....or 1600 if you care to spend even more money for a Grand Suite.

Hi!

I had JS1100 on the Jewel, Jan 2006 and just booked the same cabin on the Serenade for 2008-- nothing like it!!

I think it definitely is worth the extra money-- and the room itself is HUGE-- feels like a hotel room!!

Linda

Archived