Miami Hotel for Feb 2008

cruzingduo

Has anyone booked a hotel in Miami for Feb 2008? I called a few places and they are requiring a 3 night min. We are looking for a reasonably priced room for 1 night pre cruise (the Quest) on Feb 16th.

Can anyone suggest a hotel?

Thanks!

All of the Marriots will take a one night stay and also the Hyatt. Go on to expedia and do a search on there, we came up with a few choices. Celebrity will also book one night stays I think from UK, the marriot was around £159 thats about $320 and that was booking with celebrity.

You just alerted me to why the price of hotels is so high and why there is little availability.

The Intercont. on priceline /hotwire is usually about $125 per night but there is nothing available for that date under $300.

Even Ft Lauderdale hotels are expensive, I originally thought it was Superbowl or Boat show week-end but now realise Valentines week-end.

• 7 months later...

You can also try Priceline, although because of the date, you may have to bid more than usual to get what you want. We have gotten three and four star hotels in downtown Miami (Hyatt, Marriott Biscayne Bay, and Radisson Miami) for as little as $40 a night and as much as $115 a night) but not for dates in February. Check out biddingfortravel.com and you may be able to determine what type of bid is necessary to be successful, but whatever the amount is, it is likely to be much less expensive than booking directly with the hotel, and you most likely will be more than satisfied whichever hotel you get.

Has anyone booked a hotel in Miami for Feb 2008? I called a few places and they are requiring a 3 night min. We are looking for a reasonably priced room for 1 night pre cruise (the Quest) on Feb 16th.

Can anyone suggest a hotel?

Thanks!

We are staying at the Embassy Suites for 1 night.

That weekend is when both the Miami International Boat Show and the Coconut Grove Arts Festival occur. It's a very bad weekend for hotels, both availability and price. It might be worth it to stay a bit further afield and take a taxi to the Port.

I am sailing on the Century on January 31st and ran into a similar problem trying to get a hotel for one-night before the cruise. Usually I stay at the Hyatt or Intercontinental but they are both sold out already. (And I was looking into this a couple of months ago.) For any decent hotel the rate was $400 or above. I called my TA to see if she could do any better and she found a few options but none of them appealed to me. We ended up booking a one-night pre cruise hotel through Celebrity. It's not my first choice of hotels but it's clean and decent and I was focused more on location - it is only for one night after all. Maybe you could see what the cruise line has to offer.

Archived