Hotel in Miami for Feb

Has anyone found a reasonably priced hotel for Feb 2008? We have stayed in Miami numerous times, however we need a room for 2-15-08 and the hotels we called are requiring a 3 night min. We need a hotel for only onr night prioe to our cruise on the QUEST (2-16-08).

Any suggestions?

coming up...

Radiance 6-4-07 Alaska cruisetour

Radiance 9-14-07 Members cruise

Explorer 1-13-08

Quest 2-16-08

Have you checked out the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami? It's a mile from the port. Across the street is Bayside . . . . shopping, food, drinks, tour boat rides, music and more. Check out that Holiday Inn! Walgreen and Ross Store are close by.

We stayed there before our last Brilliance cruise and it was amazing to wake up that morning and sea our ship in the harbor. If you book a Bay View room, you will sea your ship in port when you awake. It's not an additional charge. just ask, "May I have a Bay View Room"? And, from the Holiday Inn to the Pier, it's a $10-12 ride, plus tip (how many bags = $?)

Sea you,

Rick and Deirdra

I second the Holiday Inn, but I would advise you to book it asap. The hotel is clean, nice and sooooo convenient. Plus they have a nice buffet breakfast and if you join HI priority Club which is free to join on their website then you get a discount on the breakfast.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times and loved it and the fabulous view. We would have booked it but they have a 3 night minimum plus they increased the rates. We can only come in 1 day ahead of the cruise. They suggested the Crown Plaza, but I read some poor reviews.

I didn't know what else was going on during that time. The boat show is also affecting the rates along with Valentines Day.

I will look at the Quality Inn South, thanks. We also want to be able to walk (if possible) to some stores. We'd like to buy a case of water to bring aboard.

If some one finds a place that will allow a single night booking please post here.

Thanks once again for all the input.

There are two other threads about finding hotels in Miami about this same time frame, maybe a few weeks earlier, maybe the threads were moved.

I think they found a price on Princeline just a little over $100 plus tax, is that in the ballpark?

Im sure glad I decided to go out of Port Canaveral where the hotels in the vicinity are much cheaper.

I recently stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Miami Airport. I am planning to stay there again next year, pre-cruise. It was very close to the airport (less than 10 min). They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and also a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise ship pier the next morning.

I travel a great deal and I have to say that this hotel has THE most comfortable bed and pillows that I have ever had in any hotel in all of my 40 years of traveling. I wanted to take the bed & pillow with me!!! :D

LaQuinta Inn Miami Airport

3501 LeJeune Rd

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times and loved it and the fabulous view. We would have booked it but they have a 3 night minimum plus they increased the rates. We can only come in 1 day ahead of the cruise. They suggested the Crown Plaza, but I read some poor reviews.

I didn't know what else was going on during that time. The boat show is also affecting the rates along with Valentines Day.

I will look at the Quality Inn South, thanks. We also want to be able to walk (if possible) to some stores. We'd like to buy a case of water to bring aboard.

If some one finds a place that will allow a single night booking please post here.

Thanks once again for all the input.

Wow, I never heard of the 3 day minimum thing. Is this because of the boat show? We have stayed at the HI a few times and there was never this restriction.

Here's another option... It's about 8 or 9 miles from the port....

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables

2051 South Le Jeune Rd.

Coral Gables, Florida

You won't find any reviews on trip advisor because it opens in August, 2007.

They'll have a free shuttle from the airport and are showing a rate of $159 for 2/15/2008.

elleluv - some one else suggested it. I think they were booked too. I have tried so many.

They are showing rooms available at www.marriott.com.... $159 for their weekend rate and $169 including breakfast...

I found a place called Spring Hill Suites Airport on 7th. Does anyone know anything about it?

I don't, but that is another option I was looking at for you... I've generally had pretty good luck with SpringHill Suites.

If events such as the Boat Show will be drawing large crowds when you want to book a hotel room, you can expect to see outrageous prices and minimum stay requirements. It's a matter of supply and demand. If you absolutely need a room, I'd book a cancellable reservation at a hotel that is acceptable and then try Priceline. It may be too early at this point to get a room in Miami for February through Priceline, but as you get closer to the date you can give it a try. Checking the bidding for travel dot com website should let you see what people are bidding for hotels at that time of the year and what they are getting. Your only other option is to look into outlying areas of Miami and its environs, but realize that cab fares may reduce any savings that you might experience. Good luck.

Archived