Ft Lauderdale or Miami hotel?

I've been looking over all the posts for Miami hotels, but have another question I might need help with.

We're flying into FLL for our Majesty trip in June and we were planning on staying at the Radisson Downtown. We would have to take a cab/shuttle to the hotel at our own cost. I'm wondering if there isn't a place near FLL that may offer free shuttle service from the airport and also free shuttle to the Port the next morning. Would be a great deal if there was one closer to the Port, but being about 30 minutes away, I wasn't sure if any offered a free service.

Any suggestions for the FLL or MIA area?

We flew into FLL but stayed at the Raddison in Miami in February. We are a family of four. We rented a car from Hertz at the FLL airport and drove to Miami. It was cheaper to rent the car for a day than it was to pay the various shuttle/taxi fees. Hertz has a drop-off point five minutes from the pier and they have a free shuttle to take you there.

We stayed at the Days Inn which is very close to the FLL airport. They offer free shuttle service from the airport. But it cost our family of 4 about $80 to get to the Miami port the next day.

We didn't want the hassle of picking up/dropping off a car so went with a transpot service rather than a rental car ... but cruiseguy, how much did you pay for the rental car?

We went to Bayside and ate at Bubba Gump's. We had never been there and wanted to try it. We had a great meal. We arranged ahead of time to meet up with a couple that we had chatted with on the Meet & Mingle boards. It gave us an opportunity to meet some people before even getting on the ship.

Archived