Cuise from Dover

colkeena

Thinking about a cruise leaving from Dover.Few questions---Which airport do I fly into?Where do I spend the night?How do I get to the cruise ship?Do I need to spend another night after the cruise before flying home?(Detroit airport)Thanks.

Take the cruise ship's transfers to the ship, and if they have a pre-cruise hotel, use that also. The exchange rate for the US dollar is very weak and going via a private car transfer can be very expensive. You can fly into either Gatwick or Dover, but seeing you're from Detroit, you'll probably fly NWA, and I belive they fly to Gatwick. No, you don't need to stay after the cruise. Most flights departing to the US from London leave noon or later, so you'll be fine.

Most flight are to Heathrow (lhr) or Gatwick (LGW)

I would fly in a day or two early ...Dover has some sites to see there plus depending on how you handle the jet lag you may just want to sleep a bit the first day

It is about 2-3 hours from LHR to Dover so allow for this when booking your return flights

Flights to the US from the UK leave mid-morning to early afternoon, for example, the daily nonstop BA flight is scheduled to depart Gatwick at 0910. Indirect flights leave later, up until about 12:30.

You need to allow 2 hours for checkin - UK security queues are bloody long at times for reasons I won't go into. (Security isn't one of the genuine reasons.....:mad: )

Archived