RCI excursions in Casa de Campo, D.R.

Now that my cruise is over it's time to start planning the next one, a sure cure for PCD!:D

We will be on the Explorer next year and will be going to Casa de Campo, D.R., along with Labadee, San Juan and St. Thomas. I know Labadee and St. Thomas will be beach days and I want to mix up our activities a bit. There is very little info on Casa de Campo available on the Ports of Call Boards and many of them are negative on the island. Cayo Levantado is about the only positive review I've read. However, not only is it another beach day, but it is not even offered on the RCI excursions. We have taken many private excursions, but from what I've read this island seems like a good place to stick with the ship excursions! I can't imagine RCI scheduling a port with nothing to offer. Does anyone have any good, positive recommendations for this island? We have 4 days at sea on this cruise, so staying on the ship is not an option for me.:)

We do like history and I know that this island is heavy with it. Any good tour recommendations?

Although it is another beach day, about the only thing I'd recommend doing independently in the Dominican Republic is taking a cab to the Sunscape Casa del Mar resort. I forget the exact price, but it was between $40-$60/pp for an all-inclusive (food, drinks, chairs, etc.) day at the gorgeous resort. When we go next March, that is definitely what we are doing.

You could use this day as a beach day and make St. Thomas a more active day. There's tons to do there besides the beach (it's one of my favorite islands!).

Archived