Are the showers on Princess Ships so small

SmokinActuary

Not necessarily. The exact shower size will depend on what ship and whether you are booked in a regular cabin (either inside or outside) or a mini-suite or full suite. None of the regular cabin showers are huge, but if they were the on-board comedians would loose 1/2 their material and would only be able to talk about the flushing of the toilets. :D

What ship and type cabin are you in?

And if all else fails go up to the Sun Deck and forward into the Lotus Spa area. Just before you reach the Lotus Spa Pool there is an area that contails the free Steam Rooms and Saunas along with changing areas. The mens area is to the Starboard side and the womens to the Port. There are, I believe, 4 good sized showers on each side that are there for the using. Usually there is soap and shampoo in the showers but you might want to take your own. There are lockers for you stuff and towels too.

I am somewhat "fluffy" and have never had a problem with the showers that other people have reported.

FYI, the flat statement that all regular Princess cabins have the small showers isn't accurate. The showers in the regular (inside, outside, balcony, etc.) cabins on the Regal are all tub-sized.

Compared to the Zuiderdam you will be disappointed in shower size. We are average sized people and found the showers in a verandah cabin on the Caribbean Princess to be extremely small. It's a shame, such a beautiful ship and a botched job on the bathrooms. Bigger is not Better.

Give me Holland America anytime, we will be back on the Zuiderdam next year.

You're in there 10 to 15 minutes twice a day. Who cares how big they are? The real difficulty comes in trying to shave your legs!:eek: I found that if I threw the shower curtain over my shoulder and propped my foot on the toilet lid I could manage!:D It's all good!!!

I was just on the Grand last week and had balcony cabin on Baja. They have shower curtains. I had to pull them opened all the way, then face the shower head toward the wall so I didn't make a flood on the floor just so I could put my foot on the toilet in order to shave my legs.

Oh I love the Zuiderdam and the shower was a good size. We had a SS suite the first time and a regular balcony cabin the next and it was wonderful.

BUT...I'm really looking forward to a new ship and a new crowd if you know what I mean.

We will not mind a "small" shower that much. I research everything before I book a cruise and this Line, Ship and itinerary works FANTASTIC for both of us. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed in my selection of the Crown Princess even though the shower won't be as "grand" as the Zuiderdam.

Pros and Cons, Pros and Crons....I'm still going on a cruise in a few days, and I've never had a bad cruise.... :D

Compared to the Zuiderdam you will be disappointed in shower size. We are average sized people and found the showers in a verandah cabin on the Caribbean Princess to be extremely small. It's a shame, such a beautiful ship and a botched job on the bathrooms. Bigger is not Better.

Give me Holland America anytime, we will be back on the Zuiderdam next year.

How big are you? The comedian on my last cruise joked that most of the passengers could take a shower by soaping up the walls and then spinning around in a circle.

I am bigger than a bread box and smaller than Andre the Giant!

Actually I am short and stocky with very broad shoulders.

Trust me - we are already booked on the Crown and I am having cruise withdrawal and I need to talk about SOMETHING!:D

I wrote an expose' after my (wonderful!) cruise on the CB in Sept. of '05. I think I headed it something like: "The Attack of the 8-ft. Shower Curtain". Yeah...absolutely the smallest shower (and bathroom) I've ever had on any cruise! I found my naked body being wrapped around by the shower curtain as I tried to shave my legs....ended up having to do it out of the sink, with my leg/s up on the toilet seat. As one crew member told me..."You can "S+++, Shower, and Shave all at one time in there!". Hnestly...had a beautiful outside cabin with the world's smallest bathroom. BUT...it was a fantastic cruise!!

P.S. - I also love the Zuiderdam!!

I have only had a problem with shower size on one Princess ship - the Coral. The Sun class ships are very generous with shower size, and I had no problems with the Grand, either. Too bad they are designing the newer ships with this problem. :(

FYI, the flat statement that all regular Princess cabins have the small showers isn't accurate. The showers in the regular (inside, outside, balcony, etc.) cabins on the Regal are all tub-sized.
The OP stated they will be on the KP.

The tub was real nice on the Zaandam, but hey..I'll settle for a small shower, sure beats years back when you didnt even have a bathroom in your cabin, ugh can you imagine...a community bathroom?:eek: I have to say, we Americans are so spoiled now:D

Regular balcony rooms do not have tubs - have to go up to a mini.

The OP stated they will be on the KP.
See the above quote. There was also another post that implied that in general, regular cabins do not have larger showers. I just wanted to be clear that not all Princess cabin showers are small. If you find them small, there is at least one ship option other than booking a mini or suite.

These shower threads always rub me the wrong way...:rolleyes: Never once did I need the jaws of life while in my balcony cabin shower...nor did my butt hit the wall when I dropped my soap and had to pick it up off the floor...nor did the shower curtain stick to me or swallow me up. From what I'd read, I was expecting the worst...but didn't get it. I'm no stick insect, but had no problems with the shower...and neither did my 6'2" DH.

Relax and have a great cruise.:)

Archived